AAF Seattle Speaker Series:
Women in Creativity
Women are a huge part of the workforce in the creative services industry yet recent reports indicate that for all their effort and accomplishments women are dramatically underrepresented in power positions, making up just 3-4% of agency creative leaders.
We've assembled some of Seattle's successful creative women who have been there and done that to tell us about their hiccups and accomplishments as they have navigated their careers in the industry.
Join us for an honest discussion about topics including:
- Why is it important that women have better representation in the creative departments of advertising agencies?
- What keeps women from getting into the creative side? Does the perception of a men’s club mentality keep them out?
- Do you have to be a bitch?
- Is motherhood a career killer?
- Are we in this together?
- Women can't do this alone. How can men help?
- Mary Knight - Executive Creative Director, Hydrogen
- Kerry Antezana - Creative Director/Copywriter, Freelance
- Mary Olson - Brand Director, Seattle University
- Laurie Fritts - Creative Director/Copywriter, Freelance
Hillary Miller - VP, Global Strategic Services Director, Wunderman
We'll also be holding a raffle for great prizes from our sponsors, including an acupuncture session from Blissful Healing Arts, a full hair treatment from Savoir Faire, and a dozen custom thank you notes from Farewell Paperie.
6:00-6:30 - Cocktail hour
6:30-7:45 - Host-led panel discussion
8:00-9:00 - Networking and socializing
Light food is included in the ticket price. Cash bar available.
When & Where
Seattle's premier association of creative communications firms, vendors, media outlets and professionals.
We serve to connect the collective creative power of the Seattle creative community with the long-standing inspiration of the city at large.
AAF Seattle - long known as Ad Club Seattle - is the Western Washington chapter of the American Advertising Federation.