Women in Creativity
Wednesday, February 27, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
AAF Seattle Speaker Series:
Women in Creativity
Women are a huge part of the workforce in the creative services industry yet recent reports indicate that for all their effort and accomplishments women are dramatically underrepresented in power positions, making up just 3-4% of agency creative leaders.
We've assembled some of Seattle's successful creative women who have been there and done that to tell us about their hiccups and accomplishments as they have navigated their careers in the industry.
Join us for an honest discussion about topics including:
- Why is it important that women have better representation in the creative departments of advertising agencies?
- What keeps women from getting into the creative side? Does the perception of a men’s club mentality keep them out?
- Do you have to be a bitch?
- Is motherhood a career killer?
- Are we in this together?
- Women can't do this alone. How can men help?
- Mary Knight - Executive Creative Director, Hydrogen
- Kerry Antezana - Creative Director/Copywriter, Freelance
- Mary Olson - Brand Director, Seattle University
- Laurie Fritts - Creative Director/Copywriter, Freelance
Hillary Miller - VP, Global Strategic Services Director, Wunderman
We'll also be holding a raffle for great prizes from our sponsors, including an acupuncture session from Blissful Healing Arts, a full hair treatment from Savoir Faire, and a dozen custom thank you notes from Farewell Paperie.
6:00-6:30 - Cocktail hour
6:30-7:45 - Host-led panel discussion
8:00-9:00 - Networking and socializing
Light food is included in the ticket price. Cash bar available.
When & Where
Seattle's premier association of advertising, design, and communications firms and professionals.
Connecting the collective creative power of the Seattle ad community with the long-standing inspiration of the city at large.
Our mission is to actively champion and instigate creativity within the Seattle marketing community and beyond.
AAF Seattle is the Western Washington chapter of the American Advertising Federation - long known as Ad Club Seattle. Basically we're an excuse for creative people to hang out together and prop each other up.
Track the panelists, MC and event info (and keep up with our future events) on Lanyrd.
See our Storify entry for this event including links to panelists and related articles.
Please tweet and Instagram using #AAFWomen to be included in the event's social streams.