Women Bike Chicago: Day of Dialog & Demos -- April 12, 2014
Saturday, April 12, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Women Bike Chicago hosts a half-day educational, social and networking event created by women, for women, to promote bicycling as affordable, practical, healthy transportation.
WOMEN BIKE CHICAGO 2014: A Day of Dialogue and Demonstration
Riding a bike--not just for kids or guys in spandex! Women bike everywhere. Any woman can do it. New to two wheels or want to ride again? Please join us . . .
* Increase your on-bike riding skills and get encourgement to get back in the saddle
* Learn about bike commuting, including how to get your bike on the "L" or a bus
* Get tips on how to dress for the weather, and to ride your bike to work or a party
* Learn basic maintenance - fix your flat, lube your chain, adjust your brakes!
* Get comfortable riding with children and in traffic
* Flex your legs riding different kinds of bikes, bike trailers, or other bike equipment
* Find a "ride buddy" -- turn commuting into comm-unity!
... and more!
All women--regardless of experience--are encouraged to participate in this event.
Sign up now - donate a small fee now or pay at the door.
Child care is available, please indicate if it's required for you when you sign up.
Women Bike Chicago is a grassroots organization started by women, to promote skill-building and confidence in women cyclists and encourage healthy lifestyle changes.
Location information: http://www.chicagoparkdistrict.com/parks/Dvorak-Park/
When & Where
Women Bike Chicago
Women Bike Chicago is a grassroots organization started by women, to promote skill building and confidence in women cyclists and encourage healthy lifestyle changes.