Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Mens / Womens / Track / Road
Saturday July 12th 2014
1st PRIZE: DOG TAGS / $250 CASH / 30PTS / SWAG
REGISTRATION OPENS JUNE 5TH
6PM FINALES (schedule subject to change)
This event is a bicycle race criterium loop that will completely encircle City Hall Los Angeles. (google map) Riders in each category will qualify in group / team based sessions to compete individually in the Finale 24 lap race.
RULES subject to change up to one day prior to event check back often
- Athlete check-in opens 2pm
- Qualifiers begin at 3pm please arrive early
- All registered riders will be divided into qualifier sessions of groups of 20-30
- Finalé Races and Qualifying Sessions will be separated by 4 categories - Men’s Road - Men’s Track (brakeless) - Women’s Road - Women’s Track (brakeless)
- Riders not on organized teams are encouraged to collaborate with others to form impromtu groups when signing up
- Lap times recorded using timing chips
- At scheduled session time, riders must cue up, and enter pit lane from from the Herbalife 24 Athlete Zone
- Groups and riders must be present at scheduled session start or risk DQ
- Groups will be timed during "5 lap" sessions
- Session Lap 1 is relaxed and will not be timed
- Riders spin up to timed laps 2 - 5
- Best individual lap time is counted against entire category field
- Fastest 80 riders in each category will advance to finalé race
- Drafting is allowed
- “Slingshotting” pushing, or physically assisting another rider is NOT allowed
- Blocking during qualifiers is not allowed
- Starting grid will be ranked according to qualifying times (In the event of a tie, next fastest lap will be compared)
- NO FREE LAP RULE FOR CRASHES, MECHANICALS OR OTHERWISE
- LAPPED RIDERS ARE PULLED
- JUDGES DECISIONS ARE FINAL
- Prime laps announced before race on race day
- Riders seen crashing others out or riding "dangerous" as determined by course
marshals can be DQ'd as authorized by race officials at anytime including on video replay after race day.
- BULL HORNS / TT Bars are NOT ALLOWED
- TRACK category is BRAKELESS FIXED
- Rider must use same general equipment in finale race as in qualifiers
HERBALIFE 24 ATHLETE ZONE
Registered athletes and their team members will have access to the VIP athlete zone, located on City Hall's South Lawn.
RISK / WAIVER / INSURANCE
Competitive cycling and particularly Criterium races are dangerous.
YOU MAY DIE or BE MAIMED even if you have decades of experience.
DO NOT race unless you have experience riding in groups at high speeds.
We love our people and our athletes. We want you to be safe. We want you to be covered. In light of this, we are proud to announce our membership in American Bicycle Racing. Our membership will enable us to protect the athletes with additional insurance coverage in the event of an injury. A portion of our entry fees are put towards the cost of this insurance.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
(tentative - check back frequently)
- 10AM Course Set Up begins - Volunteers needed please contact us
- 11AM Full Road Closure - Course tweaks / Timing prep
2PM ATHLETE CHECK-IN OPEN
3PM GROUP QUALIFIER SESSIONS
6pm FINALS - MAIN EVENT
9pm CLEAN UP / AFTER PARTY
- Volunteers needed please contact us
- 10:00PM After Party (TBA)
Depending on schedule, we MAY do late registration on the day of. Not likely. $35 cash only.