Wisconsin Journal of Law, Gender and Society 2014 Symposium
Friday, February 21, 2014 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (CST)
The Wisconsin Journal of Law, Gender and Society's 2014 Symposium will be focused on "The Threat from Within: Current and Alternative Responses to Sexual Assault in the Military." Our distinguished speakers will be addressing the occurrence of sexual assault in the military and what has and can be done to protect those who are affected. Speakers include:
- Francine Banner, J.D., Ph.D, Associate Professor at Arizona Summit Law School
- Robert Brania, Captain, Sexual Assault Response Coordinator, Wisconsin National Guard
- Michal Buchhandler-Raphael, Visiting Assistant Professor of Law at Washington and Lee School of Law
- Seth Engel, Captain, USMC
- Jonathan Lurie, Professor Emeritus, Rutgers University
- Jennifer Sluga, Assistant Veterans Service Officer - Army Veteran, Dane County Veterans Service Office
- Jonathan P. Tomes (LTC, JAGC, U.S. Army, Ret.)
- Rachel E. VanLandingham, Visiting Assistant Professor at Stetson University College of Law
Event includes breakfast and lunch.
UW Students/Faculty/Affiliates- please bring your student ID. Thank you.