San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Every five years approximately 40,000 young people gather in Oshkosh WI for the International Pathfinder Camporee from all over North America and the world. An event that is organized by the Center for Youth Evangelism, www.cye.org , to claim, reclaim and retain youth for Christ in His Church. This fundraiser will assist hundreds of young people from New Jersey and New York to be a part of this great event. Our feature performer, Wintley Phipps has performed for all the American Presidents from Jimmy Carter to Barack Obama at several National Prayer Breakfast events and other celebrations. He performed for: the 1984,and 1988 National Democratic Conventions, Rosa Parks' 77th Birthday gala at the Kennedy Center, Mother Teresa of Calcutta, and President Nelson Mandela. He has appeared on programs such as the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. television special, Dr. Robert Schuller's Hour of Power Telecast, the Billy Graham Crusades, at the Vatican, was guest soloist at Diana Ross' wedding ceremony in Switzerland, Saturday Night Live, Soul Train, and The Oprah Winfrey Show. Phipps founded the U.S. Dream Academy, Inc., a non-profit organization dedicated to providing a values-based, interactive, tutorial and remedial education program targeted at children and youth-at-risk through community Family Learning Centers. His commitment to the youth knows no bounds hence the reason he was selected to be the feature performer in this fundraising concert. Join us at the Richard J Codey arena in West Orange on April 26, 2014 and have your spirits lifted heavenward with great gospel music. Your patronage will help to keep some young soul off the streets, purposed driven and give him/her an opportunity to be in Oshkosh WI in August 2014.
When & Where
Living Faith Mighty Eagles Pathfinder Club
Living Faith Mighty Eagles Pathfinder Club is part of a worldwide organization of young people sponsored by the Living Faith Seventh-day Adventist Church, though young people of any religious persuasion or none at all, are welcome and encouraged to join the organization.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as helping in downtown soup kitchens, collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, visiting and encouraging the elderly, and MANY more
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!
If you are interested in joining our local club or making a donation to help support our efforts, please feel free to contact us:
Living Faith Seventh-day Adventist Church
80 Washington Street
West Orange NJ 07052.
Club Director Sherman K. Francis
Phone: 347 865 9910