Winter Information Session for New Applicants #1
Wednesday, February 13, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM (EST)
New York, NY
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Do you know a talented student who is looking for a challenge in school?
Come and learn about the educational opportunities available through A Better Chance!
This INFO SESSION is aimed at new applicants and their parents/guardians, as well as teachers, counselors, and program directors who would like to learn how their students can take part.
The NEW APPLICATION will be available starting February 15th!
Please see our website: http://www.abetterchance.org/apply or call our office to receive a paper copy (646 346 1310)
WHO SHOULD APPLY? We are looking for students who....
- identify as students of color (African-American, Latino, Asian, Pacific Islander, Native-American, and Multiracial)
- are US Citizens or Permanent Residents
- are in grades 4-9 (we are especially looking for 4th and 7th graders)
- are top students in their grades, earning As and Bs, and read on/above grade level
- who want to attend a really great school!
QUESTIONS? Please call the National Office 646-346-1310, or email email@example.com
When & Where
A Better Chance
Since our founding in 1963, A Better Chance has been opening doors to greater educational opportunities. As a national non-profit organization, our mission is to increase substantially the number of well-educated students of color capable of assuming positions of responsibility and leadership in American society.
A Better Chance places students of color entering grades 6 through 11 into some of the nation's finest college preparatory schools. They include independent day schools, boarding schools, and select top-performing public schools.