Wine Tasting Dinner: European Classics from the 90s
- Food & Drink
- Pinot Provence, Costa Mesa CA
RSVP for the Best Wine Tasting Event Series in Los Angeles:
Join our first 2014 wine tasting luncheon. The topic of this meeting is "Sommelier Favorites - Sommelier's present their Favorite Wine Regions".
Experience the classics of Cornas, Rioja, Barolo, and many more. Several sommeliers will attend and lead the tasting.
Total cost is $120, all inclusive (but not including valet parking). We will be at the rooftop of the Hotel Angeleno, overlooking L.A. in our private room.
Money Back Guarantees:
- Fully refundable with 4 days cancellation notice.
- Also, we guarantee your satisfaction with this event, otherwise the wine is on us.
If you are not sure if you would like to join, read here about what you can expect from our wine events. If you were looking for a real learning experience in wine, while connecting with new friends, this is the best place.
In each of our sommelier-guided wine appreciation sessions, we use a stable framework that has been proven to be useful. Here is the event format you can rely on. It is unique in California. We aim the be #1 choice for wine connoisseurs who like to add the interaction component to their passion.
1. We always have 8-10 different wines of good quality, with a few real highlights, that are in line with the topic of the month. Every wine is discussed carefully, the sommeliers in presence deliver overviews of the basic knowledge that helps guests to categorize the experience for best learning effect.
2. The wines are tasted in rounds of 2 or 3 that we compare directly. Pours are generous. We have a slight Old World bias in the selection of wines, as we believe they are overall more instructive. But we cover any wine style of importance over time, from around the world. We also try to have aged bottles whenever we can.
3. The atmosphere is informal and friendly. We always have new guests joining, as well repeat members in presence
4. We often don't disclose the specific wines upfront to maintain an optimal learning effect. You can trust that we are not drinking uninteresting and cheap wines. We are very serious about our systematic explorations of the great wines of the world.
5. We all have dinner/lunch during our multi-round wine tasting evening, which usually takes 2.5 hours. Some guests stay long to be more social with friends made and to be safe drivers.
6. We are focusing on wines in all discussions of the evening. If you are serious about wine, or want to explore your interest, you will be pleased with the depth of our wine discussions.
7. Prior wine experience does not matter, our blind-tasting approach brings everyone on the same page. We welcome new members, they will be comfortable from the first session on. We know how to integrate any new guests, singles, couples, shy or outgoing. Just RSVP and you will not regret getting involved with our group. There are many wine clubs that have all types of focus except wine. We are the real thing.
8. We usually have a private room (or private section) in a nice restaurant for good conversation.
9. In all our tastings we apply the philosophy laid out in this GrapeRadio interview that Joey gave in December 2013: http://www.graperadio.com/archives/2013/12/27/wine-tasting-clubs/
The Wine Elite Sommelier Company is America’s final destination for serious wine lovers. Our entertaining wine seminars are dedicated to tasting high-quality wines from around the world, with a systematic and long-lasting educational approach.
What recent past attendees thought:
"I thought the course was VERY INFORMATIVE AND INTERESTING! I am a wine novice, just casually enjoyed wine, and had next to no knowledge…..I felt it gave so much information and I am totally hooked, and want to keep learning! – I will definitely take it again, or the certification course. I am also going to refer a few friends."
"I really enjoyed the class. I had been looking for some sort of low pressure, fun sommelier educational class for over a year and I feel so fortunate to have come across your class. I thought things were organized and ran very well. I liked how fast paced and extremely educational it was. I am impressed with how much I learned in such a short time period. Thank you for doing a great job!"