Wine Camp - An Introduction to Wine
Sunday, March 2, 2014 from 3:30 PM to 5:30 PM (PST)
Santa Monica, CA
We believe it is easier to learn about wine when the wines are exceptional and you can connect with a top educator!
Debra Morrison Photography
(As always, all wines are purchased from the restaurant, and may change):
- Unobstructed, clean, fresh, focused and beautiful. Inexpensive but excellent - fresh, crisp, and clean - a stellar example.
- Classic, signature, typical, and that is a key learning element. A noted all-star producer, this wine is so precise, a perfect example.
3. Riverbench, Chardonnay "Estate" Santa Maria
- A classic California Style Chardonnay. A LearnAboutWine favorite, produced by a legend, this wine is rich, ripe, round, full throttle and balanced with generous oak and butter!
4. La Fenêtre, Pinot Noir, Single Vineyard, Santa Maria
- Smaller producers change the wine world, see why this is one to follow - mouthfeel, color, nose, aroma. Check out this hot new producer of top quality Pinot Noir.
5. Duckhorn Napa Valley Merlot
- A classic Merlot with a great story and reputation. Top quality and value found here: chocolate cover cherry, toasted orange peal, yes we are going to drink some F-ing good Merlot.
6. Silverado, Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley
- Again, focused on classic references help us understand the foundation of fine wine and lead us to see where wine is going. - 93 Points James Suckling, 92 Points The Wine Advocate. Dark cranberry in color with a hint of baking spices in the nose.
7. Beekeeper, Zinfandel, Madrone Spring Vineyard, Rockpile, Sonoma County
- Zinfandel is a favorite varietal at LearnAboutWine - and sometimes wine is all about where the story interacts with the quality and joy is discovered. A noble wine from one of Sonoma's top Zinfandel destinations.
CSW, JWE - Founder and Educator of LearnAboutWine.com
Professional Sommelier, Candidate for the Master of Wine
Ian drinks wine for a living and plans over 100 public and private events a year. Ian stays busy designing tasting and events for both LearnAboutWine and private clients large and small; Fortune 500 company's, Law firms (Summer Associates), and private birthday celebrations all benefit from Ian's well informed and industry leading personality. When Ian is not busy teaching, he is making appearances on radio, television and social media outlets and studying for his Master of Wine.
Since 1995, LearnAboutWine has done the hard work of building a better culture for fine wine, opening the doors for more quality products to enter the marketplace and has taught over 500,000 students. With over 50,000 current subscribers and followers, LearnAboutWine now focuses on the best quality events and classes, and wine credential programs which have graduated over 500 wine students in the last 5 years with a Junior Wine Executive credential (JWE).
Wine Camp students receive a lovely cheese plate,
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.