Learn the wine basics from A - Z! So Cal's #1 Wine Class - Wine Camp "Intro to Wine"
We believe it is easier to learn when the wines are exceptional and you can connect with a top educator!
WINE LIST (As always, all wines are purchased from the restaurant, and may change)::
1. Buttonwood, "ZINGY" Sauvignon Blanc, Santa Ynez 2010
- fresh, crisp and clean - a stellar example
2. Paul Pernot, Bourgogne, Burgundy, France 2010
- a noted all-star producer, this wine is so precise, a perfect example
3. Riverbench, Chardonnay "Estate" Santa Maria, 2010
- produced by a legend, this wine is rich, ripe, round, full throttle and balanced with generous oak and butter!
4. La Fenêtre, Pinot Noir, Single Vineyard, Santa Maria, 2009
- mouthfeel, color, nose, aroma - check out this hot new producer of top quality Pinot Noir.
5. Duckhorn Napa Valley Merlot, 2009
- Top quality and value found here: chocolate cover cherry, toasted orange peal, yes we are going to drink some F-ing good Merlot
6. Silverado Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2007
- 93 Points James Suckling, 92 Points The Wine Advocate. Dark cranberry in color with a hint of baking spices in the nose.
7. Beekeeper, Zinfandel, Madrone Spring Vineyard, Rockpile, Sonoma County 2009
- A noble wine from one of Sonoma's top Zinfandel destinations
About Instructor Christopher Lavin
Born in Santiago de Chile, Christopher Lavin is entrenched in the Southern California restaurant and wine industry. Currently a Master Sommelier Candidate in addition a member of the Society of Wine Educators. In 2007, passed the Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) exam and in 2008 passed the more rigorous Certified Wine Educator (CWE), of which there are approximately 240 world wide. The founder of C&S Wine Specialists, a wine and beverage consulting company that specializes in wine and cocktail list development, inventory management, events, education and marketing. C&S Wine Specialists, Inc. has taken Chris all over the world helping round out his international presence. Living and working in Los Angeles since 1998, Christopher’s resume speaks for itself. His experience in many of Los Angeles top restaurants - both as a Wine Director and General Manager, has given Chris a very well rounded understanding of the food, wine and beverage industry. He has offered his expertise and experience to numerous wine and training programs in greater Los Angeles. Christopher is an accomplished wine taster and cocktail enthusiast. He joined the sommelier team for Wine Future Hong Kong 2011 (www.winefuture.hk) in November 6-8, 2011 - helping coordinate the Grand Tastings with Pancho Campo (MW); Jancis Robinson (MW); and Robert Parker, Jr. He has been awarded many accolades for his service in the ﬁeld including Sommelier of the Year by the Southern California Restaurant Association.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.