Windows Store App Development for iOS Developers
Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 9:00 AM - Friday, December 14, 2012 at 4:00 PM (PST)
Mountain View, CA
Watch the Live Stream on the Verge now at http://vrge.co/VC1Kdm
Join the Big Nerd Ranch and Microsoft for this free, two-day training designed to jumpstart your Windows Store app development.
You will learn the ins-and-outs of the Windows platform from iOS developers who are now building Windows apps. Sessions will follow a low-key, interactive format where iOS terms and concepts will be mapped to Windows alternates. You will also get hands-on time to apply what you’ve learned.
What’s the agenda?
Times need to be finalized, but we’ll cover the following topics in sessions that are 30 to 60 minutes long:
• Introduction to the platform and the Windows Store
• Design differences between iOS and Windows 8
• Tooling: Visual Studio and Blend
• C# for Objective-C developers
• Asynchronous programming
• Consuming web services
• Intro to building Windows Store apps with XAML (controls, layout and styling)
• Advanced UI development with XAML (data binding, templates, and collections)
• Contracts and extensions
• Ask the Experts panel
EVENING SOCIAL at 6 PM
• Process Lifecycle Management and State Management
• Notifications and Live tiles
• Bing Maps, SkyDrive, and Microsoft Account integration
• C++ for Objective-C developers
• Reusing code with Windows Phone
• Azure Mobile Services
If you can’t attend in person, watch the live stream of the event at http://channel9.msdn.com. Just point your browser to Channel 9 on the day of the event.
Any iOS developer will benefit from this training, but we will focus more on those apps that are not games. For this event, there will be no deep game/graphics coverage (no OpenGL ES and no DirectX deep-dives).
This event is brought to you by the Microsoft Developer Platform Evangelism group and is free of charge. Attendees are responsible for booking and paying for their own travel and accommodation.
Email your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When & Where
Neal Goldstein + Microsoft
Instructor: Neal Goldstein