Windows AzureFest Kitchener
Tuesday, May 31, 2011 from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM (EDT)
30 Fairway Rd. South
Room: Ontario Salon A&B
AzureFest sessions are delivered with examples using .NET and Visual Studio, but the concepts are the same regardless of the language and tools. You’ll learn everything to you need to know to get up and running with Windows Azure quickly including:
- Overview of Cloud Computing and Windows Azure
- Setting up the Windows Azure SDK and Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio
- Setting up your Windows Azure account
- Migrating a traditional on-premise ASP.NET MVC application to the Cloud
- Deploying solutions to Windows Azure
AzureFest is a hands-on event. This means that you’ll be following along in your own development environment and actually deploying your solution during the event. In order to get the most out of the experience, you’ll need to bring a laptop with you that is running Windows Vista SP1 or Windows 7 and has the Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio installed.
There are two ways to register for a FREE Windows Azure Trial. In order to participate in the Windows AzureFest event, it is critical that you register for one of these trial options.
- Register in advance or at the event
- Windows Azure Platform Trial lasts until September 30th, 2011
- To register for the FREE Windows Azure Platform Trial you will need to use a credit card. But, don’t worry, nothing will be charged to your credit card as the last part of the Windows AzureFest event shows you how to take down all of your Windows Azure instances.
2) Windows Azure Pass 30 Day Trial (Country = Canada; Promo Code = CDNDEVS)
- Register at least 4 business days in advance
- Windows Azure Pass lasts 30 days from the time of activation
- The Windows Azure Pass is also a FREE trial and it does not require a credit card to register. However, you must register for the Windows Azure Pass at least 4 business days in advance of the Windows AzureFest event in order for your trial to be active at the event for you to participate.
Any questions? email@example.com
When & Where
Canada's Technology Triangle .NET User Group
We are recognized in Canada’s Technology Triangle as leaders in the .NET community. Driven by our core values - honesty, integrity, and commitment - we provide an open forum centered on Microsoft's .NET Technologies and focused in the three E's: Education, Exposure, and Entertainment. We facilitate the access of business to technology professionals and of technology professionals to business in an open and supportive community.