Windows 8 / Windows Server 2012 Installfest - San Diego (September 25, 2012)
Tuesday, September 25, 2012 from 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM (PDT)
San Diego, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
With the recent RTM of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, I am hearing a lot of interest from people who really want to start kicking the tires of these two new flagship products from Microsoft. If you are interested in getting an evaluation version of Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 installed onto you machine to start playing with, I can help you. I will have bootable thumb drives with Windows 8 Enterprise 90-Day Eval (RTM) and Windows Server 2012 Evaluation (RTM). In addition, I will also provide VHD files that have Windows Server 2012 Evaluation and Windows 8 Enterprise RTM 90 Day Evaluation preinstalled so that we can configure your machine with Boot to VHD (no repartitioning required and keeps your existing OS intact). I will show you how to build your own VHDs so you are armed for the future.
This is an informal event where you can come and go at any point during the event window.
There are only a few requirements for your computer:
- You have Windows 7 or higher installed (required for Boot to VHD)
- No drive encryption enabled (e.g. bitlocker, etc.)
- 40 GB free disk space (more is preferred)
I would encourage you to grab the files prior to arriving at the event:
- Preinstalled Windows 8 VHD: http://aka.ms/hwitcampfiles
- Preinstalled Windows Server 2012 VHD: http://aka.ms/cloudositcamp
- Windows Server 2012 ISO: http://aka.ms/hwws2012
- Windows 8 Enterprise Eval ISO: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/jj554510.aspx
The event will take place at the Microsoft San Diego Office located at 9255 Towne Centre Dr., Suite 400, San Diego, CA 92121 (858) 909-3800.
Date: Tuesday, September 25, 2012
Start Time: 1:00 PM
End Time: 4:00 PM
When & Where
Harold Wong, Sr. IT Pro Evangelist
Contact information for Harold Wong
Phone: (425) 706-3501