San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Windows 8 is the single biggest opportunity for developers on Microsoft stack! Live around Columbus, OH and develop for Windows Phone/Windows 8 or simply want to get started? Come join us for our very own Windows 8 Dev Unleashed event brought to you by Microsoft & The Windows Developer User Group (http://thewindowsdeveloperusergroup.com/).
This Windows 8 hackathon-style event is run by your local developer community & completely FREE! Come learn from experts in Windows 8 Store Style App development & kickstart your dream App. Spend the morning with short lectures covering key topics on demand or work on hands-on labs or pair up with someone towards your own Windows 8 App. Compete with your App by the end of day in the hackathon for a chance to win some great prizes!
So, what are you waiting for? Bring your laptop & fresh ideas; we'll provide the coffee & lunch. Let's get hacking!
Event Software Pre-Requisites:
- Windows 8 OS, running on the metal or in a VM.
- You can download Windows 8 as an MSDN Subscriber or try the free Evaluation version.
- Visual Studio 2012.
- Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8 is the free version that has all that you need to develop Windows 8 Store Apps or you can download complete versions of Visual Studio as an MSDN Subscriber.
- Download links @ http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/apps/br229516.
- More information for Dev Unleashed event attendees @ http://devunleashed.com/windows-8-unleashed/windows-8-unleashed-resources/#attendee.
- Top 10 steps to build your Windows 8 Store App in XAML/C# [Samidip Basu]
- Build your dream Windows 8 Store App in HTML/JS [Dan Shultz]
- Windows 8 Game Starter Kit [Doug Mair]
- Windows 8 XAML/C# Tips & Tricks [Chris Ellis & Samidip Basu]
- Using MVVM/SQLite in Windows 8 XAML Apps [Samidip Basu]
- CodeMash Re-Hash [Multiple Participants]
- All day [All of us]
When & Where
The Windows Developer User Group
The Windows Developer User Group has been established to nurture knowledge base and collaboration among Windows Phone & Windows 8 application developers & enthusiasts. While we are primarily based in Columbus OH, developers from all around Ohio, neighboring states and just about anybody who has interest in the Microsoft ecosystem, is most welcome.
Come join us for our monthly tech Meetups. More details @ http://thewindowsdeveloperusergroup.com.