Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
This course is one of four daylong seminars that will be provided throughout the 2012-13 school year. Chemeketa faculty will present these seminars from the Electronics, Physics, and Agriculture/Horticulture Departments to middle school/high school teachers, and they will be aligned to the Renewable Energy certificate—in the areas of Wind, Solar, Biofuels/Biomass, and/or Hydro/Geothermal Energy—and one seminar will focus on hydraulics. Teachers will leave each seminar with the tools necessary to create an one-hour project that they can do with their students.
Note: Participants must be a STEM teacher within the MWEC region
Seminar Content Outline
- Physics of Wind
- Wind velocity & Direction Measurements
- Wind Resource Assessment
- Wind Energy Economics
- Wind Energy and Power
- Aerodynamics of Wind Turbine Blades
- Electrical safety/Climbing safety/Heavy equipment safety fundamentals
- Small Turbines
- Utility Scale Turbines
- Determining Project Sites
- Assessment and Planning of Wind Projects
- Installation and Commissioning of Wind Projects