P.S. ARTS is proud to host Family Art Nights at our partner schools-free for our students and their families! We believe that the best way for parents to gain an appreciation for the benefits of arts education is through participation in art-making with their children. Apparently our schools agree, because these events draw crowds of 50-250 people and we need your help!
What will you be doing?
· Helping set up
· Greeting families
· Distributing art materials
· Helping with art projects- no artistic talent required!
· Giving a lot of positive encouragement
· Helping with clean up
· Using your special skills: If you’re a photographer, videographer, artist, designer or speak Spanish, let us know!
Art projects for 2012-2013-The Wide World of Watercolor!:
· What’s the Point of Seurat?-Seurat inspired pointillism paintings.
· Show Me The Monet!- Birch trees inspired by Monet
A Peek at Batik- Wax resist paintings
When & Where
P.S. ARTS is a 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of children by providing arts education to underserved public schools and their communities. P.S. ARTS recruits, hires, underwrites and trains professional artists to develop curriculum and teach classes during the regular school day, serving 20,000 children on a weekly basis.
We also host community art events, Famiy Art Nights and festivals. If you'd like to volunteer, please check out our upcoming events!