This event has ended

Wild and Wonderful Food - NatureBridge Family Program

NatureBridge

Friday, October 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM - Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM (PDT)

Port Angeles, WA

Wild and Wonderful Food - NatureBridge Family Program

Ticket Information

Ticket Type Sales End Price Fee Quantity
Adult Tuition
Includes education, lodging & meals
Ended $250.00 $0.00
Student Tuition
Includes education, lodging and all meals
Ended $200.00 $0.00
Children 4 & under   more info Ended $0.00 $0.00
Upgrade to private historic cabin   more info Ended $80.00 $0.00
Upgrade to lakeside cabin
One lakeside cabin available for families. Includes full-size bed, twin-size bed, private shower & bathroom, plus gas fireplace.
Ended $120.00 $0.00
Donate to our Scholarship Fund
Scholarship donations go directly to our scholarship fund and enable us to bring students from underserved communities to programs on our campus in Olympic National Park.
Ended

Share Wild and Wonderful Food - NatureBridge Family Program

Event Details

Join us in celebrating the wonders of food!  Good food has caught the attention of Americans.  Now more than ever we are taking the time to learn about where our food comes from and how it made its way to our tables.  Throughout the weekend you will spend time in the forest discovering what delicious bounty you can find in the wild as well as spending time on a local organic farm and learning about how they produce food.  And of course you will be eating delicious food!

You and your family will also have the opportunity to canoe, do yoga, indulge in your creative side, enjoy a campfire, and of course relax on the shores of Lake Crescent.

Tuition includes delicious meals in historic Rosemary Inn, lodging and all educational experiences.

Have questions about Wild and Wonderful Food - NatureBridge Family Program? Contact NatureBridge

When & Where



NatureBridge in Olympic National Park
111 Barnes Point Road
Port Angeles, WA 98363

Friday, October 12, 2012 at 5:00 PM - Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 1:00 PM (PDT)


  Add to my calendar

Organizer

NatureBridge

Mission

At NatureBridge, we foster environmental literacy to sustain our planet.
 


Environmental science in nature’s classroom

NatureBridge provides hands-on environmental science programs for youth. Our multi-day programs take place outdoors in the national parks of Yosemite, Golden Gate, Olympic, Santa Monica Mountains, Channel Islands, and Prince William Forest. Founded in 1971, NatureBridge currently welcomes more than 700 schools and 30,000 students and teachers each year to our six campuses.  


Providing access for all students

NatureBridge strives to make its programs accessible to students from all communities. More than 50% of our participating schools receive scholarship support, and more than 30% of our students are from underrepresented communities.

Tuition associated with our environmental science programs pays for 70% of expenses with the remaining 30% coming from donations.  As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization NatureBridge relies on generous donations to support our mission.
 


Making an impact

Our staff of professional environmental science educators is at the core of our organization. They bring diverse experiences to NatureBridge, including advanced degrees in science and education, experience with scientific research, classroom teaching, wilderness expeditionary leadership and outdoor education. Working with small groups of elementary, middle, and high school students, our educators bring science to life with engaging lessons. 

  Contact the Organizer

Please log in or sign up

In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.