San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Calling all kids and families; join us for a fun volunteer project at Urban Harvest STL’s Downtown Community Garden.
We are excited to roll up our sleeves and help prepare this urban garden for fall. This will be a family-friendly, 2-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 2 and up!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It is our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for adults, teens, and kids to partner together in service to our community. We will have plenty of tasks and games on-site for little ones whose attention may wander. The best part is being all together!
Also, we will have a magical (free) build-your-own salad-bar with all the fixings to help model the fun of "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kid’s Foundation! Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!
Store Marketing & Community Relation’s Specialist
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 2 - 65+)
* Planting fall crops
* Harvesting crops
* Prep beds = turning soil, add/raking compost
* Turning compost pile
* Building shade protection
* Picking up litter
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra buckets
* Picnic Blanket
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Jeans or long pants
* Old shirt
* Heavy boots or gym shoes (no open-toed shoes or sandals)
* Layers if it's a cloudy day
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles or cups for water
* Please bring snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* Please contact Mary Ostafi for questions on site; email firstname.lastname@example.org
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form is available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please park on the surface lot on 14th and Dr. Martin Luther King; we encourage carpooling and biking in!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Jessica.Seratti@wholefoods.com, or call 314.968.7744.
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can if you like, but we'll also have a check in sheet printed so you can save a tree and not bring your printed ticket if you prefer!
When & Where
Hosted by Whole Foods Market - Galleria
Whole Foods Market - Galleria is delighted to help Urban Harvest STL empower urbanites to grow a better city! Our store is located at 1601 S. Brentwood Blvd and we're proud to be home to over 265 amazing team members. We invite you to check out these and other great events all fall with us! For a store calendar, click here. See you in the garden!