San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Calling all kids and families to join us for a fun fall volunteer project at The Edible Schoolyard garden. The Edible Schoolyard garden's purpose is to extend the students' curriculum beyond the classroom to the outdoors where the natural world becomes the textbook.
We're excited to roll up our sleeves to help prepare the garden for fall with our community partners at The Edible Schoolyard and IDEAS. This will be a family-friendly, 2-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 2 and up!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It's our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, team members, and kids to partner together in service to our community. We'll have plenty of tasks and games on-site for little ones whose attention may wander. The best part is being all together!
Also, we'll have a magical build-your-own salad-bar for kids and grown-ups, plus all the fixings. Join us in modeling the fun of "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation! Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!
Whole Foods Market Winter Park
Marketing & Community Relations Team leader
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 2 - 65+)
* Planting and Weeding
* Turning sod
* Turning compost pile
* Seed collecting
* Creating gardening signs
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra shovels, hoes, trowels, etc.
* Extra buckets
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Old t-shirt
* Heavy boots
* Layers if it's a cloudy day
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles and water
* Please bring snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* Please contact Adrienne Iannone for questions on site; email firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-673-8788
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please park on the north side of the garden in the visitor lot; we encourage carpooling together!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Adrienne.Iannone@wholefoods.com
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can if you like, but we'll also have a check in sheet printed so you can save a tree and not bring your printed ticket if you prefer!