Whole Foods Market - Sauganash Community Mural (Kids' Day of Service)
Saturday, September 14, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
We are excited to roll up our sleeves with our neighbors to paint a community mural on the Swedish Covenant Hospital campus. The mural will serve as a backdrop to the Peterson Garden Project's edible garden at the intersection of Carmen Avenue and California Avenue. Our artwork will represent the various aspects of living a whole life; eating right, gardening, sustainability, fitness and community-building. This will be a family-friendly, 3-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 2 and up.
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It is our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, team members and families to work together in service to our community. We will have plenty of tasks and games on-site for little ones whose attention may wander. The best part is getting to improve our community together!
We will also have a magical build-your-own salad-bar for kids and grown-ups, including all the fixings. Join us in modeling the fun of “eating a rainbow” in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation, whose mission is to improve children's nutrition with the goal of ending the childhood obesity epidemic.
Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Community Relations Specialist
Volunteer job description
- Filling in mural sketch (similar to paint-by-numbers) on mixed mediums
- Fill in larger, single color areas with large brushes and/or rollers
- Detail work to highlight specific areas with smaller brushes
- Work abstractly in community sections to express what living a whole life means to you
Supplies to bring if you have them
- Paint stirrers
- Pouring spouts
- Roller trays
- Tray liners
- Roller covers
- Paint brushes
What to wear
- Jeans or shorts
- Old t-shirt
- Tennis/outdoor shoes
- Layers if it’s cloudy or cool
Snacks & hydration
- Please bring water bottles and water
- Please bring snacks if needed
- We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* Please contact Crissy.LoSasso@wholefoods.com or call 773-205-1100.
* We ask that each volunteer bring a copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you upon request.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
You can park on Francisco, but please note it has limited street parking, or in the garage of Swedish Covenant Hospital.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Crissy.LoSasso@wholefoods.com
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can if you like, but we’ll aslo have a check-in sheet printed so you can save a tree and not bring your printed ticket if you’d prefer!
When & Where
Hosted by Whole Foods Market Sauganash
Whole Foods Market Sauganash is proud to partner with Swedish Covenant Hospital and Peterson Garden Project throughout the year! Our store is located at the corner of Cicero & Peterson, just off I-94 (the Edens Expressway) and we're proud to be home to over 190 amazing team members! We invite you to check out these and other great events all fall with us. For our store calendar, click here. See you in the garden!