Calling all kids and families to join us for a fun fall volunteer project at the Unity Gardens, a 501(c)3 that provides food for those in need & brings diverse people together to grow, harvest, share and eat healthy food.
We’re excited to roll up our sleeves and work in the garden with Unity Gardens. This will be a family-friendly, 2-hour project with task for everyone ages 2 and up!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It’s our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, team members, and kids to partner together in service to our community. We’ll have plenty of tasks and games on-site for little ones whose attention may wander. The best part is being all together!
Also, we’ll have a build-your-own salad bar for kids and grown-ups, plus all the fixings. Join us in modeling the fun of “eating a rainbow” in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation! Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating!
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!
Store Marketing & Community Relations Specialist
Learn more about our partners at the Unity Gardens here!
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 2 - 65+)
* Turning sod
* Building new beds
* Turning compost pile
* Seed collecting
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra shovels, hoes, trowels, etc.
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Old t-shirt
* Heavy boots
* Layers if it's a cloudy day
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles and water
* Please bring snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* We ask that each volunteer sign a volunteer form so that all adults and children can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.