San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Calling all kids and families to join us for a fun fall volunteer project at the Faith Presbyterian Church of Valley Village kitchen space!
We're excited to roll up our sleeves to help prepare the kitchen of this Valley landmark to serve as a community space to feed the homeless, educate youth on healthy eating and to serve as a general center for community involvement in the San Fernando Valley! This will be a family-friendly, 2-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 2 and up!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It's our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, team members, and kids to partner together in service to our community. The best part is being all together!
Also, we'll have a magical build-your-own salad-bar for kids and grown-ups, plus all the fixings. Join us in modeling the fun of "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation! Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!
All My Best,
Marketing and Community Relations
Learn more about our partners at Turning Pages Foundation here!
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 2 - 65+)
* Lifting boxes * Dusting * General cleaning * Sweeping
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gloves
* Extra eco-friendly cleaning supplies
* Eco-friendly paint
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Old t-shirt
* A SMILE!
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles and snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* Please contact Rev. Richard Poole for questions on site; email firstname.lastname@example.org or 818.766.8103.
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
There will be ample street parking available; we encourage carpooling and biking in!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Christy.Simons@wholefoods.com, or call 818-762-5548.
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can if you like, but we'll also have a check in sheet printed so you can save a tree and not bring your printed ticket if you prefer!
When & Where
Hosted by Whole Foods Market - Sherman Oaks East
Sherman Oaks East is an original Mrs. Gooch's store which opened in 1983, and has been a San Fernando Valley community landmark for over 25 years! Our beautiful "country mart" style store is only blocks away from the very trendy and bustling Ventura Boulevard. We offer easy access parking, with a small lot and plenty of street parking as well. We may be small, but our loyal shoppers tell us that's what makes our Team Members like family.