Calling all kids and families... Role Models Wanted! We invite you to join Whole Foods Market for a fun-filled volunteer project at Grow Dat Youth Farm.
We're excited to roll up our sleeves and help prepare the farm for their next growing season. This will be a family-friendly, 2-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 2 and up!
As an added bonus, Whole Foods Market Veterans will provide a magical build-your-own salad-bar for kids and grown-ups including all the fixins'. Join us in modeling the fun of "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It's our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, team members, and kids to partner together in service for our community.
So please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together.
Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Marketing Team Leader
Whole Foods Market Veterans
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 2 - 65+)
* Non-native plant removal
* Rock removal
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra hoes, trowels, etc.
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Long-sleeved t-shirt
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
Water and a light lunch will be provided.
* Please bring additional water bottles and water if desired
* Please bring additional snacks if needed
EVENT TIME LINE:
*10:00am - 12:00pm: gardening activities
*12:00pm - 1:00pm: complimentary lunch
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* Please contact Leo Gorman for questions on site. Phone # 504.616.1777
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Nicole.Poirier@wholefoods.com or call 504-888-8225
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can if you like, but we'll also have a check in sheet printed so you can save a tree and not bring your printed ticket if you prefer!
When & Where
Whole Foods Market Veterans
Located in Metairie, LA, Whole Foods Market Veterans is passionate about pure, healthy and delicious food. We are proud to seek out the best foods both locally and from around the world. Please check out all the cool stuff happening at Veterans right here on our website's event calendar!