Whole Foods Market - Friendship Gardens Workday (Kids' Day of Service)
Saturday, September 14, 2013 from 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM (EDT)
Calling all kids and families to join us for an end-of-summer volunteer project at the Friendship Trays Demo Garden, in partnership with Friendship Gardens. Friendship Gardens is a network of gardens in the Charlotte area that donates their harvests to Friendship Trays, its local meals-on-wheels program.
We're excited to roll up our sleeves and help prepare the garden for fall. This will be a family-friendly, two-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 4 and up.
Below you'll find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on project day. We'll have tasks and games ready for little ones whose attention may wander.
After the project concludes we'll have a build-your-own salad bar with all the fixings for all participants. We'll "eat a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation and in celebration of our hard work, healthy eating and healthy communities.
This is a great opportunity for Whole Foods Market Team Members, customers, members of the community and their families to join together in service. We look forward to seeing you Sept. 14!
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 4 - 65+)
* Turning compost pile
* Drying and bundling herbs, mixing herbs into blends
* Painting and lettering plant signs
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra shovels, hoes, trowels, etc.
* Extra buckets
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting a little dirty (e.g. cargo shorts, jeans, T-shirt)
* Tennis shoes or boots
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles and water
* Please bring snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for younger children if the need to play strikes; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy to our project. The form will be available onsite and can also be emailed to you at your request.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please park in the large parking lot next to Friendship Trays. We encourage carpooling and other forms of alternate transportation!
Can I update my registration information?
Of course! Just log in to your registration and make any changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can if you'd like, but we'll also have a check-in sheet onsite to help reduce waste.
When & Where
Whole Foods Market Charlotte
Whole Foods Market Charlotte is located at the corner of Sharon and Fairview roads in the SouthPark neighborhood. We are home to high-quality natural and organic foods, Salud Cooking School and more than 220 Team Members who are at your service. We invite you to connect with us via our store newsletter and calendar of events.