San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Calling all kids and families to join us for a fun fall volunteer project at Dunlap Woods/Selleck’s Woods! Partnering with the Darien Land Trust and the Green Village Initiative, we will participate in a trail improvement/stewardship/service day. Come help us care for this beautiful 50 acre nature preserve, right in Darien!
We’re excited to roll up our sleeves, do some weeding, cleanup, and beautification of the trails at Dunlap and Selleck’s Woods with our partners. This will be a family-friendly, 2-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 2 and up! All are welcome! Special thanks to Mrs. Meyers Clean Day for providing us with garden kits for our little ones.
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It’s our goal to make your experience fun, enriching, and kid-friendly. This is a great opportunity for customers, team members, and kids to partner together in service to our community.
In honor of the Whole Kids Foundation, we’ll also have a build-your-own salad bar with all the fixings, where both kids and grown-ups can “eat a rainbow”! Please join us for an inspiring and fun-filled day of service as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating!
Thank you again, I look forward to seeing you soon!
Marketing Team Leader
Whole Foods Market, Darien
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Trail cleanup
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
- Extra gardening gloves
- Extra shovels, hoes, trowels, rakes, etc.
- Extra large buckets
WHAT TO WEAR:
- Old t-shirt
- Heavy duty boots
- Layers if it’s a cloudy/colder day
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
- Please bring water bottles and water
- Please bring snacks if needed
- We will have some activities for children 5 and under if they would like to play; however, if you know your little one likes something special, please bring it along to share!
- We ask that each volunteer brings a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Daniel.Fortin@wholefoods.com, or call 203-662-0577.
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make and changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You are more than welcome to, but we'll also have a check-in sheet printed at the event.