Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Calling all kids and families to join us for a fun fall volunteer project at the Las Flores Community Garden!
We're excited to roll up our sleeves to help prepare the garden for the changing season! This will be a family-friendly, 2-hour project with tasks for everyone ages 2 and up!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. It's our goal to make your experience fun, uplifting, and kid-friendly. This is an opportunity for customers, team members, and kids to partner together in service to our community. We'll have plenty of tasks and games on-site for little ones whose attention may wander. The best part is being all together!
Also, we'll have a magical build-your-own salad-bar for kids and grown-ups, plus all the fixings. Join us in modeling the fun of "eating a rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation! Please join us for a fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate healthy communities and healthy eating together!
Thank you again and look forward to seeing you soon!
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 2 - 65+)
* Sweeping plant boxes
* Turning sod
* Building new beds
* Turning compost pile
* Starting worm boxes
* Seed collecting
* Building shade protection
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Extra gardening gloves
* Extra shovels, hoes, trowels, etc.
* Extra buckets
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Old t-shirt
* Heavy boots
* Layers if it's a cloudy day
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring water bottles and water
* Please bring snacks if needed
* We will have moderate activities for children ages 5 and under if the need to play; however, if you know your little one would enjoy something special, please bring it along to share!
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and any children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please in the garden lot; we encourage carpooling and biking in!
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please email Lindsey.Miller@wholefoods.com, or call 805-777-4730.
Can I update my registration information?
Absolutely! Just log back into your registration and make any changes needed.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
You can if you like, but we'll also have a check in sheet printed so you can save a tree and not bring your printed ticket if you prefer!