Whole Foods Market - City of Redmond Trail Clean-Up! (Kids' Day of Service)
Wednesday, September 11, 2013 from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Calling all Kids and Families to join us for a Fun Summer Volunteer Project at Whole Foods Market in Redmond! King County Parks and our Green Mission Team are partnering to bring this Family-Friendly, 2-Hour Event, with tasks for everyone ages 6 and up!
We will be giving our Community Trail some love and cutting ivy, picking weeds and picking up litter! We will have a FREE Salad Bar for Kids and Grown-ups following, with all the fixings. Join us in modeling the fun of "Eating a Rainbow" in honor of the Whole Kids Foundation!
Below, please find a volunteer job description and a list of items that may be helpful to bring on the day of the project. We have planned this event to be Fun, Uplifting, and Kid-Friendly. This is an opportunity for Whole Foods Market Team Members & Customers to bring their Kids and partner together in service to our Community. Please join us for this fun-filled day of service and inspiration as we celebrate Healthy Communities and Healthy Eating together!
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Store Marketing Assistant and Healthy Eating Specialist
VOLUNTEER JOB DESCRIPTION:
(Ages 6 and up!)
* Ivy Cleanup
* Litter Pickup
* and more!
SUPPLIES TO BRING IF YOU HAVE THEM:
* Gardening Gloves, if desired (Latex Gloves will be provided)
WHAT TO WEAR:
* Weather-appropriate Outdoor/Gardening Clothing, example: Jeans & Old T-Shirts
* Sturdy, closed-toe Shoes
* Sunscreen, Hat, Sunglass, as desired
SNACKS & HYDRATION:
* Please bring Water Bottles and Water, as desired
* Please bring Snacks, as desired
* Snacks & Refreshments will be available for $1-$5 Donation to the Whole Kids Foundation
* Please contact Lindsey Robinson for questions on site; email firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-351-7379
* We ask that each volunteer bring a signed copy for themselves, and their children, to our project so that we can all stay safe. That form will be available on-site and can also be emailed to you at your request. Find the Volunteer Waiver Form here.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please park in the South-West corner of our lot. We encourage Carpooling and Biking!