Whiskies of the World®, San Pedro Square Market, San Jose, 2014
Thursday, March 27, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 10:00 PM (PDT)
San Jose, CA
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Benefitting Breast Cancer Emergency Fund (bcef.org)
Whiskies of the World® Expo brings the "Art of Whiskey" to San Pedro Square Market, downtown San Jose's most unique culinary and entertainment venue.
What to expect:
- Meeting whiskey distillers, gurus and brand ambassadors as you taste and experience their finest spirits from around the world.
- A two hour tasting experience starting at 6:00PM or 8:00PM
- A souvenir tasting glass designed for nosing and enjoying spirits
- More than 100 whiskies to taste
- An informative whiskey seminar staring at 7:00PM conducted by High West Distillery "Whiskies: A Scientific Art " (45 minutes)
- Whiskey and cigar pairing session (45 minutes) for those who desire to experience the pleasures of whisky and cigars (Partagas and Macanudo).
David Perkins (High West): "Whiskey: A Scientific Art"
High West introduces us to what whiskey is and what it can be. Learn the scientific foundation which is responsible for a great whiskey. Explore the differences between light and straight whiskies and the importance of choosing a distillation style which complements the grains, yeast and fermentation. Finally, understand how blending can give you flavor profiles which aren't possible in single batches. Best of all, taste examples of what this ultimately means in the finished products.