Come try five different whiskies from five different countries around the world. Each whiskey will be paired with a taste of a specially crafted dish. We will be announcing the whiskies one by one as we arrive closer to the event. Below are some of the countries you can expect to have a whisk(e)y representation.
U.S.A., Canada, Japan, Scotland, and a Mystery Country
YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT:
- If you love drinking whiskies, you don't want to miss this event.
- If you don't love whisk(e)y, but want to see what all the fuss is about, you don't want to miss this event.
- If you love to dine on exquisite cuisine, you don't want to miss this event.
- If you want to learn about the history, tasting notes, and tips on how to pair different whiskies, you don't want to miss this event.
- Plain and simple: YOU DON'T WANT TO MISS THIS EVENT!!!
At the 78 Degrees Whisk(e)y World Tour, you'll learn all about the different types of whiskies and how each type stands out from one another. You'll experience expansive flavors of bourbon to a well-aged single malt from scotland. You'll try all 5 different whiskies, and experience how they taste paired with different cuisines. And, at the end of the night, you'll pat your belly and smile with a warm, whisk(e)y-inspired glow!
1) Is there a phone number or email where I can contact the organizer with any questions?
You can email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
2) What is your refund policy?
You can request (and will receive) a full refund up until 48 hours prior to the event. After that point, no refunds will be issued.
3) Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
You must be 21 to enter this event.
4) Do I need to print out and bring a ticket to get in?
You do not need to print out a ticket in order to get in. We will be checking IDs at the door, and will simply find you on our registration list.
5) Will you be selling tickets at the door?
If the event doesn't sell out, we may sell tickets at the door. Door prices will be higher than advance prices.
6) Is there parking at the event?
Yes, there is on-street parking as well as several nearby parking lots and structures: http://www.sjdowntownparking.com/parking_map_new.html
7) Is there public transportation to the event?
The VTA light rail L2 Santa Clara stop is two blocks away.
8) Is the venue wheelchair accessible?
About 78 Degrees:
78 Degrees was started by two cognac and scotch enthusiasts. They noticed that many people (including themselves) had misconceptions about scotch, cognac, and other premium liquors. They also learned that many people found exploring scotch and cognac to be somewhat intimidating, and were unsure where to begin. Since then, they have been on a mission to remove the shroud of mystery surrounding the world of cognac, scotch, and other aged spirits, making it more accessible to a larger audience. 78 Degrees will be holding events at bars all around the Bay Area at which guests will be presented with specially-selected flights and cocktails, along with fun and interactive education. A combination of education, fun, and approachability is used at the events to encourage nearly everyone to find a way that they can enjoy these fine spirits.