What's Your EQ? Developing Your Emotional Intelligence
Thursday, November 13, 2014 at 4:30 PM - Sunday, November 16, 2014 at 12:00 PM (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Registration includes 19 hours of RACE-accredited CE, one cocktail reception, daily lunch, morning snacks, afternoon snacks, and all-day beverage service. Hotel and travel expenses not included.
We thank Live Oak Bank, our generous sponsor, for their contribution to this event.
This program is designed to help you understand how you best contribute to your practice using emotional intelligence as the language to assess your leadership strengths and challenges. Lead with greater impact and apply emotional intelligence to manage and drive peak performance in your direct reports and team. Recent studies indicate that emotional intelligence is a powerful key to effective leadership. This valuable program delivers the in-depth knowledge and practical emotional intelligence skills you need to ensure that you are a strong, emotionally intelligent leader. These skills allow you to transform your primary challenges at work.
We invite you to be a part of this special four-day experience where you’ll explore your personal leadership style in a safe and educational environment. After attending this program, you will have increased your value to the practice as a leader and improved your connections to team members who look to you for direction.
The curriculum is jam-packed with opportunities to learn about emotional intelligence skills and how they apply to your practice. The class is highly interactive, including small-group exercises, time for reflection, and skill building. And the social time is equally as stimulating, with a cocktail reception and two optional networking dinners.
Highlights of what you’ll learn in Shawn McVey’s program include:
- Why using emotional intelligence skills makes good business sense
- How emotional intelligence can transform you into a sensational leader
- Techniques for building skills in self-awareness, self- management, relationship awareness, and relationship management
Your take-homes include:
- New skills that transform you into an emotionally intelligent leader that the team wants to follow
- A personal vision statement that details how you will lead the practice
- A 15-page customized report detailing your strengths and weaknesses in emotional intelligence and how you compare to others nationwide
- A personal development plan that will help you continue to build your emotional intelligence skills
- Shawn uses his combined professional experience in business management and psychotherapy to help you take an honest look at your practice and uncover blind spots in your emotional-intelligence skills. You will share your practice’s greatest challenge and uncover the barriers that keep you from performing your best as a leader and overcoming that challenge.
You’ll explore your personal vision of how you can best contribute to the practice and learn how to leverage that vision into an inspiring message you can communicate to your team. Together, we’ll unpack the 19 competencies of emotionally intelligent leaders, determine which competencies are your greatest strengths, and further develop your competencies throughout the program with interactive and reflective exercises that give you plenty of opportunity to practice your new skills.
This unique retreat is unlike any other continuing education event and is well suited for those in leadership positions, managers, and practice owners.
Thursday, November 13 – 4:30 PM to 7:30 PM
- Personal introductions: getting to know you and why you are here
- Examining your greatest practice challenges
- Reception (finger food and wine provided)
Friday, November 14 – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Exploration of the business case for emotional intelligence
- Exploring and developing competencies in self-awareness
- Exploring and developing competencies in self-management
- Lunch provided
- Identifying your personal self-awareness and self-management barriers that contribute to practice challenges
- Strengthening your personal self-awareness and self-management skills to transform your leadership style
Saturday, November 15 – 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
- Exploring and developing competencies in relationship awareness
- Exploring and developing competencies in relationship management
- Lunch provided
- Identifying your personal relationship awareness and management barriers that contribute to practice challenges
- Strengthening your personal relationship awareness and management skills to transform your leadership style
- Optional group dinner at Steiner Ranch Steakhouse
Sunday, November 16 – 8:30 am to 12:00 pm
- Using emotional intelligence to overcome your leadership challenges
- Personal vision statements revisited
- Personal development plan