San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
With Java 8 released in March 2014, Oracle Java Technology Ambassador James Weaver will discuss many of its new features such as lambda expressions, the stream API, and client-side capabilities with the JavaFX library.
James L. (Jim) Weaver is a Java developer, author, and speaker with a passion for helping Java to be increasingly leveraged in rich-client applications and the Internet of Things (IoT). Books that Jim has authored include Inside Java, Beginning J2EE, and Pro JavaFX 2. As an Oracle Java Technology Ambassador, Jim speaks internationally at software technology conferences about Java, JavaFX, and the IoT. Jim tweets as @JavaFXpert and blogs at http://JavaFXpert.com
Oracle's business is information — how to manage it, use it, share it, protect it. For nearly three decades, Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), the world's largest enterprise software company, has provided software and services that enable organizations to get the most accurate and up-to-date information from their business systems. With more than 380,000 customers — including 100 of the Fortune 100 — and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries around the globe, Oracle offers an optimized and fully integrated stack of business hardware and software systems.
Meeting Location: PROS
Houston, TX 77002
Park across the street in the parking garage on Elgin on the 7th floor, taking a parking receipt as you enter the parking garage. Parking is free after 7:00 PM, so you won't have to pay as you exit. Take the elevator to the 3rd floor of the parking garage and walk across the sky bridge. The HJUG meeting will be on the 2nd floor on the left just before you reach the elevator bank.
About our venue sponsor: PROS
We aren't your run-of-the-mill software company. We're true to our word. When we say your success is our number one priority, we mean it. We'll work side-by-side with you to deliver on every promise every time. At PROS, we don't just see ourselves building software. We see ourselves as building blocks in our customers' success stories.
Our Core Values:
- Ownership - We take responsibility.
- Passion - We love what we do.
- Pride - We accept only the best.
- Trust - We can be counted on.
- Integrity - We do what's right.
- Innovation - We create possibilities.
- Customer Centricity - We put our customers first.
Door Prizes and Giveaways! - must RSVP on Eventbrite to win
- JetBrains has donated one IntelliJ license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting if we have 30 attendees, two if we have 50 or more
- Hello2Morrow has donated a SonarGraph Personal license to be raffled off at this month's HJUG meeting
- Headway Software has donated a license of the new Structure101 Studio
- CoderGears has donated licenses of their product JArchitect
- 10+ books!