"What Happens to the Marital Home During and After Divorce"
Tuesday, March 26, 2013 from 7:00 PM to 8:45 PM (EDT)
Carol Khouri, CFP, CDFA, a financial advisor with Wingate Wealth Advisors, will lead and moderate a panel of legal, mortgage and banking professionals who specialize in working with and representing divorcing couples and individuals.
The panel of speakers includes:
- Matthew P. Trask, Esq., Kelsey & Trask P.C., Framingham, MA;
- David M. Gaffin, MBA, senior loan officer, Greenpark Mortgage, Needham, MA; and
- Barbie Jetter, MS, CPC, CDPP, Regional lending manager, Bank of Canton, Canton, MA.
The panel will discuss the various housing options that are available to divorcing couples during and after the divorce. Topics will include:
- Selling the marital home and splitting the proceeds;
- One spouse staying in the home until children graduate high school or college;
- One spouse buying out the other’s interest;
- How to improve your credit rating;
- What preparations you need to do when buying a home;
- Preparing for a refinancing or purchase when you are not underwater;
- What happens when there is no equity and the couple needs to do a short sale; and
- Ramifications of doing a short sale.
This event is free, however, a donation of $20. is welcome.
When & Where
The Divorce Center
The Divorce Center is an organization comprised of professionals (i.e. attorneys, mediators, social workers, financial planners etc.) who provide support and knowledge for those going through separation or divorce. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org URL: www.thedivorcecenter.org