We invite you join our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program. You may do so by registering at www.CAPRiverside.org, and attending our training sessions, thereafter. If you have any questions, please contact Judith Farnham at JFarnham@CAPRiverside.org
You need to only attend (1) date:
December 7th, 2013, 10am-5pm
*NEW LOCATION AND TIME
5840 Mission Blvd, Riverside, CA 92509
December 14th, 2013, 10am-5pm
*NEW LOCATION AND TIME
Home Gardens Library
3785 Neece St., Corona 92879
This Session will cover CAP, VITA, and EITC History as well as a general orientation to this year's program. This session will also provide subject matter expertise on specific credits and how you can help in tax credit awareness. Interview/Intake and Tax preparation procedures with a mixture of relevant Tax Law. We will also cover Tax Preparation, Quality Review, Exit Interview, Transmission and Site Coordinator Procedures/Tax Law as well as best practices. We will respond to any lasting questions as well as provide Information on final steps, and provide important dates.
Please READ BELOW For Most Recent Updates as of 11/7/2013
Volunteers must attend 2 trainings (1 General Training Session & 1 Software Session)
- You only need to attend (1) General Training Session, which is 8 Hours, instead of the (2) sessions.
- You also need to attend (1) software session:
- o You may attend as many software sessions as needed
- o Software sessions will be available throughout the week as well as Saturdays.
- o Software sessions will be made available once materials have been received at CAP office, which is scheduled to arrive November 18th, 2013.
- November 16th, 2013 has been canceled in East County (Coachella) due to training supplies arriving November 18th, 2013 and Link & Learn availability.
- November 23rd, 2013 will be the only East County General Training Session (Coachella, Palm Desert, Palm Springs, Indio etc.), until more dates are made available, PLEASE CHECK CAPRIVERSIDE.ORG or YOUR EMAIL FOR UPCOMING DATES.
- December 7th, 2013 and December 14th, 2013will be West/Mid/Southwest County General Training Sessions dates, therefore YOU only need to attend (1) date or the other.
- o For the college students that have class or finals on December 7th, 2013 please attend December 14th, 2013.
- January 11th, 2014 and January 18, 2014 West/Mid/Southwest County General Training will take place at UCR; these will be General Training Session dates. Remember, you only need to attend one (1), if you were unable to attend the dates in December, please attend (1) date in January.
- If you have a Windows Laptop, we encourage you to bring it. Unfortunately, Mac Laptops are not able to access the training portals at this time.
- If you’re a returner, we still encourage you attend the trainings to refresh your skills and knowledge. Tax law has changed since last year and it is important you become familiar with new policies and procedures.
- Everyone needs to be live scanned, certified, and ready to go by January 24th, 2014.
- On January 25th, 2014, sites will have an operation level meeting, so please plan in advance. We are scheduled to open tax locations on February 1st, 2014.