Webinar: Proactive Career Management
Wednesday, April 10, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:30 PM (CDT)
Your future career success depends on what you do today! It’s time to not only identify where you want your career to go, but to develop a solid plan to get there. Attend this training and you’ll discover how to identify your strengths and weaknesses — and how to showcase the former while minimizing the impact of the latter. You’ll learn great networking techniques that work for anyone — from the introverted to the extroverted. You’ll learn not only how to take advantage of every opportunity that comes your way — you’ll learn how to make those opportunities happen!
The Compass Professional Development Program is excited to partner with Associate Director for Business Career Programs, Jeremy Fisher.
Your Webinar Agenda Includes ...
- How to figure out what you want from your career … and map out a plan to get there
- Identify your strengths, your weaknesses, and your passions
- Recognize the people who can help — or hurt — you on your career journey
- How to be proactive in your current job to get the advancement and promotions that you want
- The No. 1 skill in demand and how you can master it
- Stop self-sabotaging career habits — and embrace the habits of high achievers
- The most important activity in any career management plan
- Use social media to manage your career and build your network
- Important ways to stay engaged and proactive in managing your career
- Ways to help others to be successful and to give back when you’ve received help, advice, and support
Wednesday, April 10, 2013. 12:00-1:30 pm, Harper Center, Room 3029.