WEBCAST: Sackler Colloquium Science of Science Communication
Monday, May 21, 2012 at 8:30 AM - Tuesday, May 22, 2012 at 5:30 PM (EDT)
Registration for live attendance of this meeting is closed and the waiting list has reached 25% of total capacity.
Due to the high interest, the organizers have secured funding to support a live webcast of the talks. If you would like to receive information about viewing the webcasts, please enter your information in the ticket above.
This colloquium will survey the state of the art of empirical social science research in science communication and will focus on research in psychology, decision science, mass communication, risk communication, health communication, political science, sociology, and related fields on the communication dynamics surrounding issues in science, engineering, technology, and medicine with five distinct goals:
- To improve understanding of relations between the scientific community and the public
- To assess the scientific basis for effective communication about science
- To strengthen ties among and between communication scientists
- To promote greater integration of the disciplines and approaches pertaining to effective communication
- To foster an institutional commitment to evidence-based communication science