Washington DC Startup Ideation Bootcamp - from the Founder Institute
Wednesday, April 18, 2012 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (EDT)
So you have an idea for a startup, do you? But what is the next step? This is it.
In just three hours, the Startup Ideation Bootcamp will help you improve your idea, come up with new ideas, and even recruit potential cofounders. Join us for a fun evening.
What is the Startup Ideation Bootcamp?
The Startup Ideation Bootcamp provides expert advice with real-world practice. The evening begins with talks by leading startup Founders designed to teach you the components of good and bad startup ideas. For example, is your market big enough, is there organic growth potential, and a clear path to profitability? Then, attendees can share their ideas with both experts and peers to receive constructive feedback. The evening format is based on the best practices of the Founder Institute, the largest pre-seed incubator in the world.
Who Should Attend?
- Anyone who has an idea for an early-stage company.
- Anyone that is interested starting or joining a new startup.
- Anyone interested in learning about the Founder Institute.
What is the Agenda?
06:00 to 06:30 PM - Welcome to Ideation Bootcamp!
06:30 to 07:00 PM - Jeff Bonforte, CEO Xobni on Startup Ideation
07:00 to 07:30 PM - Jill Stelfox, Director DC Founder Institute on Startup Ideation
07:30 to 07:45 PM - Food Break
07:45 to 08:30 PM - Attendee Sharing Ideas to the Audience w/ Feedback
08:30 to 09:00 PM - Speed Idea Sharing to Peers
09:00 to 11:00 PM - Drinks at a Local Bar
Who will be Speaking?
The Local Director of the Founder Institute, as well as some of the program's highest rated Mentors, will speak and provide feedback on company pitches. Confirmed speakers include:
- Jeff Bonforte, CEO - Jeff Bonforte is the CEO of Xobni. Xobni is a startup focused on fixing Outlook and unlocking the potential of your inbox. Jeff is based out of the bay area. He has over 15 years experience in the start up world. He specialties in getting companies and ideas from conception to market.
- Jill Stelfox, Director of the DC Founder Institute - Jill has run four companies, including founding two venture capital backed technology companies. She has 15 years experience in the mobile & wireless software. She is a successful serial entrepreneur, having bought & sold dozens of companies, raised over fifty million in venture capital & returned over 1000X to investors.
What is the Founder Institute?
The Founder Institute is a global network of startups and mentors that helps entrepreneurs launch meaningful and enduring technology companies. Through our four month idea-stage incubator program, you can launch your dream company with expert training, feedback, and support from experienced startup CEOs, while not being required to quit your day job. Our unique Bonus Pool also shares equity upside with all participants, creating local, teamwork-based ecosystems where great startups can flourish. In less than two years of operation, the Founder Institute has already helped launch over 485 technology companies in over 22 cities worldwide.
How do I join the Institute?
Learn more about the Founder Institute here.
If you could benefit from expert training, advice and feedback to launch a meaningful and enduring technology company, apply today. If you apply using the link below and show up to the event, you will be invited to take the Predictive Admissions Test for free;
Thank you, and enjoy!