This class is meant for people who want to become MongoDB Certified. After completing the class attendees will receive 50% off certification and have access to MongoDB On-Demand online courses, to study and prepare for the certification exam.
MongoDB delivers public in-person training classes around the world by our own instructors and engineers. Classes include lessons with follow-up exercises and hands-on labs to solidify your understanding of MongoDB. We limit our class sizes to a maximum of 12 students per instructor. This ratio optimizes the individual attention students receive while they develop their skills.
This 3-day intensive will jump start your knowledge of MongoDB with an introduction to the design philosophy and features of MongoDB and hands-on experience with the query language, indexes, and MongoDB’s scalability and high availability features.
Purchase of a training ticket(s) is subject to the following terms and conditions: Training Agreement
For questions or more details contact email@example.com.
Essentials Training, Day 1
Introduction to MongoDB
- What is MongoDB and Why?
- Core concepts
- Different deployment models
CRUD and the MongoDB Shell
- Introduction to the MongoDB API and the core concepts of documents and collections
Indexing and Data Modeling
- Indexing, query profiling and the query optimizer
- Some data modeling case studies
- Practice modeling various domains
- Schemas for atomic operations
Essentials Training, Day 2
- How the drivers work in general
- Driver APIs with examples
- Overview of replication
- Setting up replica sets
- How replication affects application design
- Getting information about MongoDB
- Performance indicators
- Typical monitoring setup
- How to integrate with custom monitoring solutions
- Red flags: things to watch for
Essentials Training, Day 3
- Overview of sharding
- Setting up sharding
- How sharding affects application design
Backups and Recovery
- mongodump based approaches
- File system/storage level approaches
Additional Topics as Time and Interest Permit
- GeoSpatial Indexes
Q & A and Hands-on Work
When & Where
MongoDB University can help customers build, run and deploy applications on MongoDB through professional training. The training enables organizations to improve developer and end-user experience, reduce time to market, decrease deployment and operational costs and lower business risk.
As part of our offerings, we deliver public in-person training classes taught around the world by our own instructors and engineers. Classes include lessons with follow-up exercises and hands-on labs to solidify your understanding of MongoDB. We limit our class sizes to a maximum of 12 students per instructor. This ratio optimizes the individual attention students receive while they develop their skills. We also offer private on-site training.