Washington D.C. iPhone Boot Camp - Three Day Intensive Workshop
Friday, August 20, 2010 at 10:00 AM - Sunday, August 22, 2010 at 6:00 PM (EDT)
Washington, United States
Money Back Guarantee:
If, before the end of the first day of the course, you are not satisfied and notify the instructor you wish to withdraw, you will receive a full refund of all course fees paid. All training material must remain with the instructor at the time of withdrawal.
“If you want to develop apps on the iphone you need this course. Don't try this on your own, unless you have a couple of months to spare ” —Craeg K Strong - lead developer, Arielpartners.com, attended January 2009 Three Day Intensive iPhone Boot Camp in New York
The three day intensive workshop from 10am-6pm - a full 24 hours of training - covers the fundamentals and advanced feature of iPhone development, enough material that after the workshop you should be able to develop your own iPhone application and upload it to the AppStore. The workshop is limited in size and features hands on exercises under the supervision of the instructor.
Dan Pilone, Washington D.C Trainer
Dan Pilone is a leading iPhone developer and author of numerous books on software development published by the leading software book publisher O'Reilly Press. His books include "Head First iPhone Development: A Learner's Guide to Creating Objective-C Applications for the iPhone", "Head First Software Development" and "UML 2.0 in a Nutshell"
What you will learn?
Syllabus: updated August 2, 2010
- Understanding iOS App Structure and Development
- Mobile Development Overview
- iOS Development Environment (Xcode, Interface Builder, iPhone/iPad Simulator, etc.)
- Key iOS App Patterns
- Applications: iDecide, InstaTwit
- Concepts: Objective-C, Interface Builder (IBOutlet, IBActions), Frameworks (UIKit, Foundation, etc.), UI Design for Mobile Applications (Usage patterns, UI Examples, App Types, Apple HIG), iOS Patterns (Datasource, Delegate, MVC)
- Selling your application (App Store, Approval Process, Analytics, Sales models, etc.)
- Understanding Objective-C
- Memory management (reference counting)
- Instruments and static code analysis
- Data Persistence patterns
- Creating and using Plists
- Advanced persistence with Core Data
- Multiview Application patterns
- Navigation Controllers, Table Views
- Applications: Drink Mixer, iBountyHunter (Part 1)
- Concepts: Objective-C, Memory management, UINavigationController, UITableViews, UITabBar, Plist access, Core Data, Application release and sales, iOS Keyboard support
- Using Core Location for location information
- MapKit integration and support
- Image capture with the Camera
- Accelerometer usage
- iPad App patterns and controllers
- Gesture recognition
- Leveraging UIWebView
- UI theming
- Student selected topics
- Applications: iBountyHunter (Part 2), Remember This Spot, ZombieRemote
- Concepts: Advanced framework integration, custom control UIs, universal applications, UIGestureRecognizer, Split view controller, Popover controls, MapKit customization
About the iPhone Boot Camp
The iPhone Boot camp is dedicated to teaching iPhone development and related iPhone development tools, such as Cocoa, Objective C and Open GL ES. It is arguable the largest and longest running iPhone workshop. It has trainings in over twenty cities and to date has taught over 200 developers who now have dozens of apps in the app store, from independent developer to company training for IBM, AOL, genentech, SRI, Thomson Reuter, AP, theknot.com and more.
Who should attend?
- Experienced programmers interested in iPhone application development
- People new to Mac development and iPhone development
Most iPhone workshops charge double what we charge for our early bird. Included in the workshop is a 200+ pages course book especially prepared for the workshop.
And one more thing - Our alumni Network for Work
We don't just offer training. We are also iPhone developers ourselves, as are our alumni. We have an online alumni network where the members post jobs, requests for proposals and form partnerships.
To find out more about the iPhone Boot Camp, including videos, a detailed syllabus, linkds to our local meetup groups and detailed info on how to prepare for the workshop go to our main site iPhoneBootCampNYC.com