San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
GORE-TEX® Products and the American Alpine Club invite you to join the community in celebrating the launch of a new GORE-TEX Pro technology and a peek into what the AAC is up to locally and nationally. We will be celebrating with Arcteryx, Marmot, Mammut, The North Face, Outdoor Research, Adidas, and Patagonia.
What can I expect to do at Peek?
We have a multitude of activities for you to participate in:
- Try on brand new GORE-TEX® Pro Outerwear from the brands above and take them into our rain room while using our simulated ski machine. Wow!
- Experience the AAC rescue helicopter simulator and save stranded AAC members who have the free rescue insurance.
- Play with GORE-TEX® Technology Labs and be the most informed person at the crag to spray about gear.
- Eat Food and Drink Beer (if you are 21+) and/or Soda.
- Experience short and inspiring presentations from local Live Your Dream Grant recipients as well as local climbers. Be the first to find out about the AAC/ Access Fund sponsored gym to crag initiative coming this fall.
- Mingle with friends in the gorgeous Silver Spring Civic Center Facility (say that fast 10 times)
- Win one of three GORE-TEX® Pro Jackets.
- Feel proud to be part of and support the local climbing community. You might even meet a new partner.
What is the schedule for the evening?
7-8 PM Food, Drinks, open party (see activities above)
8-8:30 Short Presentation by GORE-TEX® Pro and AAC. Gym to Crag presentation by Tim Keenan. 1st Raffle Drawing
8:30-9 More open party
9-9:45 2nd and 3rd Raffle Drawing. Slideshow presentations by local climbers:
- Samantha Larson. In 2007 Samantha became the youngest person to summit the "Seven Summits" with her ascent of Everest. She now lives in DC and will treat us with a few fun stories of climbing craziness.
- Tim Rose is a local 5.10 athlete who has climbed every single Boulder in the Southeast. Ok, maybe not every boulder, but chances are if you have climbed a boulder in the region, he was there first and maybe event put up the first ascent. Hear about what happened in the world of bouldering in 2013 in the DC area.
Who is invited to Peek?
Invitiations for Peek are open to anyone but we are especially excited about people who climb or are interested in climbing. The American Alpine Club extends a particularly warm invitation to its membership but you do not need to be a member to attend.
How much are tickets, how do I get them, and do I need one?
If you are on this website you probably already figured this out, but you get them here and they are free. Yep, you need one to be able to attend. We anticipate this selling out so go ahead and get your ticket.
Are there ID requirements or an age limit to enter the event?
No, unless you want to drink alcohol.