San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
You are invited to join the
Walworth County ACA (Affordable Care Act / "Obamacare")
Awareness Steering Committee!
The first meeting will be Monday, September 9th, 2013 at NOON in the Government Building (100 W. Walworth, Elkhorn) in Room 220. MercyCare Health Plans (http://www.mercycarehealthplans.com/) will be sponsoring our lunch and briefly explaining their role in the Marketplace!
Purpose of Committee: To Mobilize and Inform Walworth County about the Marketplace (healthcare.gov and cuidadodesalud.gov) Enrollment period (10/1/13-3/31/14) & BadgerCare changes; to enroll as many of the 11,000 uninsured as we can
Committee Chairs: Sara Nichols, MPH and Katherine Gaulke, PhD, MHA from Open Arms Free Clinic, Inc.
- Introductions (10 minutes)
- Discussion of Purpose of Steering Committee – To Mobilize and Inform Walworth County about Marketplace (healthcare.gov) Enrollment period & BadgerCare changes; to enroll as many of the 11,000 uninsured as we can (5 minutes)
- Overview of ACA & BadgerCare changes (10 minutes)
- Discussion of need for Mobilizers and Certified Application Counselors (and what these are) (10 minutes)… if we get a free class in WalCO – who is interested? If you have to pay the $149, who is interested?
- Brainstorm ideas for what we can do for WalworthCounty (10 minutes)
- Form committees and assign To-Do lists based on brainstorming (10 minutes)
- Schedule next meeting date (5 minutes)
If you have time, please review the following resources prior to our first meeting:
- Marketplace Official Resources, including brochures, flyers, FAQs, etc. at http://marketplace.cms.gov/getofficialresources/get-official-resources.html
- The Marketplace Official website https://www.healthcare.gov/ (10/1/13-3/31/14) This website is the ONLY place where persons can receive subsidies and cost sharing in the Marketplace, it also transfers information to BadgerCare, so it is a one-stop eligibility form.
- Marketplace Training Resources, including presentaitons with speaker notes at http://marketplace.cms.gov/getofficialresources/training-materials/training-materials-links.html
- Marketplace Informational Videos, including how to complete an application tutorial at http://marketplace.cms.gov/getofficialresources/multimedia/multimedia.html
Please feel free to invite other community members (agencies, employers, individuals) you feel may want to be a part of this Committee!
Questions? Contact Katherine Gaulke 262-949-2971 or email@example.com