Walk/Move for Health! 2013
Friday, May 10, 2013 from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM (PDT)
Take a Walk or Move for Health...
Join us for a 1.5 mile walk at beautiful Lake Merritt
Have fun with movement!
All activities are Free!
Meet at the Lake Merritt Bandstand at 9:00 for registration
Warm-ups - 10:00am
Free lunch and Free Farmer's Market for registered walkers @ 12pm
Walk begins at 10:30 am (1.5 miles)
Open to all ages! Register Today!
- Free Farmers Market when you walk or join in a class!
- Live cooking demo!
- Express pride and support for mental health consumers and their family members!
- Health resource tables, games, give-a-ways and lots of fun!
- Zumba for Disabilities, Tai Chi, Line Dancing, Chair Yoga!
- Empowerment and Relaxation Zones!
- Kids' Power Hour sponsored by Children's Hospital
Exit Lake Merritt BART Station or have a friend drop you off at 1221 Oak street
and meet them at the Wellness Village. Come with your Wellness Center or Support
The Walk for Health is sponsored by the Alameda County’s 10 x 10 Wellness Campaign, P.E.E.R.S., Children's Hospital Oakland and Recovery Innovations-Facing up to Health Program, Behavioral Health Care Services, Health and Human Resource Education Center (HHREC)
For more information visit www.alamedacounty10x10.org or call 1-855-AC10x10 (1-855-221-0910)