Walk the Way of the Cross on Good Friday
Friday, April 22, 2011 at 10:15 AM - Saturday, April 23, 2011 at 2:00 PM (CDT)
Spend the morning of Good Friday in a reflective procession from the UST’s Chapel of St. Basil to the Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart. The Way of the Cross, hosted by the University of St. Thomas and Communion and Liberation, will begin at 10:15 a.m. on Friday, April 22 in front of the Chapel of St. Basil, 3802 Yoakum.
Last year, more than 300 people in Houston alone carried the cross for the 2.2 mile procession, which includes five stations, gospel readings, reflections and choral presentations.
Five stops will honor the passion of the cross including:
• Chapel of St. Basil, 3802 Yoakum
• The Edward P. White Memorial Cross Monument, Montrose @ W. Alabama
• Holy Rosary Catholic Church, 3617 Milam St.
• Catholic Charities, 2900 Louisiana
• Co-Cathedral of the Sacred Heart, 1701 San Jacinto St.
The event is free and open to the public. For more information, contact 713-203-1566 or email@example.com.