VUU Young Alumni Society Membership
Virginia Union University’s Young Alumni Society (YAS) was established in 2007 under the administration of Dr. Belinda Anderson. YAS exists to establish and carry out means by which the University can regularly communicate with and serve alumni and to provide a mechanism through which alumni may communicate and serve the University, community, and each other. We are founded for the mid-forties and younger.
The executive board includes Morris White, President and Deandre Dixon, Vice President. For more information you may reach Morris White at 804.720.2021. If you are interested in joining, the membership dues is $18.65 annually.
VUU Young Alumni Society
To implement this statement of purpose, YAS shall:
- Establish programs geared to young alumni and educate students, through interaction with alumni, which will promote a life-long relationship with Virginia Union University who will strengthen the ties between the University, recent graduates and the community.
- Actively support the students of the University through fund-raising activities.
- Connect VUU alumni through activities that are educational, social, athletic and culturally appealing.
- Serve as a liaison between the University, alumni and community.
- Increase the visibility and promote the advancement of Virginia Union University, its programs, its students and its traditions.