Vultures at the Well - FREE performance
Saturday, July 27, 2013 from 2:30 PM to 4:30 PM (MDT)
El Paso, TX
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Vultures at the Well is a modern myth that combines elements of scripted drama, devised theatre, dance, and improvisation in recounting the tale of a mother who challenges the gods in order to get her son back. The show is The Border Theatre's first full-length original narrative which, in the ensemble's tradition, combined the talents of several writers, directors, choreographers, and performers to create it.
Seating is limited and is General Admission only, so you are encourage to make your reservations early and arrive at the venue at least 15 minutes before the show starts.
The Saturday July 27 matinee performance is FREE to the public thanks to the support of the City of El Paso Museums and Cultural Affairs Department and the Texas Commission on the Arts. Please note that because of this, any unclaimed reservations will be released 10 minutes prior to the start of the performance.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
Please contact The Border Theatre at (915) 412-5283 or email@example.com.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Bringing your printed ticket is preferrable, but not necessary. Your name will be on a guest list at the door. Please note that since the Saturday July 27 matinee performance is FREE to the public any unclaimed reservations will be released 10 minutes prior to the start of the performance.
Will there be tickets available at the door?
Yes, tickets will be available at the door. However, due to limited seating you are encouraged to purchase tickets ahead of time.
How do I get to the UTEP Studio Theatre?
The easiest way is probably to park at the Sun Bowl Parking Garage on Sun Bowl Dr. The Fox Fine Arts building is next to it. Enter the building and take the elevator down to the first floor.
Here's a map of the campus: http://www.utep.edu/search/campusmaplarge.html
Please note the following changes to campus access:
- University Avenue entrance off Mesa is closed permanently.
- Schuster, between Mesa and Sun Bowl Drive, is closed for construction temporarily.
- Sun Bowl Drive will be under construction but still passable.
- From Mesa, take Sun Bowl Drive to University (traffic circle).
- From I-10 East, exit Schuster/UT El Paso, turn left under freeway at bottom of the exit ramp, and turn left at the next traffic light onto Sun Bowl Drive to University (traffic circle).
- From I-10 West, exit Schuster/UT El Paso, at the traffic light, go straight (you're already on Sun Bowl Drive) to University (traffic circle).
When & Where
The Border Theatre
The Border Theatre is a professional performance ensemble located in El Paso, TX that is dedicated to creating original, cutting-edge works that explore the human experience through the artistry of theatre.