Mystical and colorful; a symphony for all of your senses, that is India. Allow Go Eat Give founder, Sucheta Rawal take you on an insightful journey through her hometown India.
- Places of worship from Hindu, Sikh, Muslim and Bahai religions, all located within a few miles from each other, making New Delhi one of the most religiously diverse cities in the world
- Dinner and cultural performance with a backdrop of the spectacular Taj Mahal
- Legendary monuments built by the Mogul emperors, that ruled India for hundreds of years
- Golden Temple in Amritsar, one of the most spiritual places in the world and a Sikh pilgrimage site
- Site of where the Indian freedom fight against the British took place
- Change of guards at the India-Pakistan border
- City known as Paris of India and rated best place to live, Chandigarh
- Sucheta's grandmother, an 84 year-old philanthropist who founded many of the organizations in north India
- Dinner at homes of local families
- Guest lecture about the highly competitive education system and what makes Indian students rank #1 in the world
- Authentic gastronomy handpicked by Sucheta herself.
- Taste Punjabi and Mogulai food like you have never before!
- Sucheta's favorite restaurants for Indo-Chinese, street food and fast food
- Shopping for handmade shawls, saris, gold, handicrafts and more
- Expert tailoring and custom made clothing (suits, saris, etc.)
- Volunteer at women's shelter, orphanage and local projects
Dates: Nov 20-Dec 2, 2014; 12 days
Includes: Lodging at 3/4 star hotels or guest houses, airport transfers, local transportation, all breakfast, some lunches & dinners, English speaking guide, sightseeing, cultural and volunteering activities.
ACCOMPANIED BY Go Eat Give founder & international food/ travel writer Sucheta Rawal
Excludes: International airfare to New Delhi, visa, trip insurance, tips, some dinners.
Price: $3,600 per person based on double occupancy. For single, add $500. Non refundable deposit $250 required for registration. International airfare to New Delhi not included.
To inquire or reserve contact (678) 744-8306 or email@example.com
When & Where
Go Eat Give
Go Eat Give is an Atlanta based nonprofit that encourages people to learn about different cultures through food, travel and community service. We host monthly "destination" events where you can experience the cuisine and culture of a far off land; volunteer vacation trips around the world; and lots of fun articles on our web site.