Volunteer at Greater Chicago Food Depository
Saturday, February 16, 2013 from 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM (CST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Help out by volunteering a Saturday Afternoon at the Greater Chicago Food Depository on Saturday, February 16 from 1:30-4:30 pm. We have up to 20 slots, so feel free to bring yourselves, APO friends, children (Min. Age 14 - See below). This is a fantastic opportunity to give back to the community, and we highly encourage your attendance.
Let me know if you have any questions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for signing up to volunteer!
Please ensure that everyone in your group is aware of our requirements prior to your day of service.
Here are a few very important things you will need to know (Please note changes to our Dress Code and Cancellation procedures as of May 2012):
- The amount of food we are able to distribute is dependent on all groups arriving with their scheduled numbers.Please let us know ASAP if your numbers change.
- Group contacts who have scheduled a date more than one month in advance must confirm the group’s attendance four weeks before their scheduled volunteer date. We will contact you four weeks prior to your day of service to confirm your attendance and numbers.
**Failure to confirm attendance may result in forfeiture of your group’s spaces.**
- Plan ahead: Please plan on arriving 10 to 15 minutes early so that we may start promptly, as other groups will be waiting. If your group is late and the projects have begun, there is a possibility that your group will be turned away.
- Dress code: Volunteers must wear long pants and close-toed shoes. You will not be permitted to work in the warehouse if you are wearing sandals or shorts/ short skirt. Depending on the project you are assigned to, you may be asked to remove jewelry above the waist (including piercings, but rings are acceptable).
- What to bring: We ask that each volunteer bring an item of canned or non-perishable food to donate. A list of most needed food items is available upon request.
- What not to bring: We encourage volunteers not to bring personal belongings into the facility; however, a limited number of lockers are available if needed.
- Where to park: Please park on side streets, Karlov and Keeler, for weekday morning and afternoon sessions. Keeler, the street just west of the building, is closer to the volunteer entrance and typically has more parking spaces available. Our parking lot will be available for Wednesday evening and Saturday sessions.
- Age requirements: The minimum age for volunteers is 14 years old. Volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult 18 and older. If you have scheduled a youth or high school group with more than five students your session is NOT booked until you confirm with someone within Volunteer Services.
- Cancellations: All cancellations must be reported to Volunteer Services no less than one week in advance. Note that a failure to give prior notice of cancellations in a timely manner will likely jeopardize future scheduling opportunities. If you are feeling sick, please consider cancelling and rescheduling for a different date. You may be working with an open product, and we need to maintain a food safe environment.
When & Where
ΑΦΩ Chicagoland Area Alumni Association
The Chicagoland Area Alumni Association is open to alumni of Alpha Phi Omega Chapters located in the greater Chicagoland Area/Northern Illinois or alumni of other Alpha Phi Omega Chapters who currently reside in this area.