Screen Yorkshire is bringing the Vodafone AppStar Developer Day - North to Sheffield on 3rd March 2010
On the day you'll learn about:
- How to win a possible share of €100,000 - the Vodafone AppStar competition
- Vodafone 360 apps platform & channel to market
- Joint Innovation Lab (JIL) - the global operator alliance for 1 billion customers
- Apps of interest to Vodafone U.K. customers
- Using 360 to grow your brand and business: revenue and reach
- Building and publishing apps: concept to cash
- Meet the experts: SDK, publishing, commercialisation, QA, partner marketing
After the presentation session the rest of the day will be free for coding and creating new apps. What will you design? An app to show traffic camera updates? To save the world? 100 best football goals? Anything is possible...it's all up to you! Check out the Vodafone 360 store for ideas.
You'll also get the chance to win hardware, cash and other prizes!!
Agenda for the afternoon & evening:
12.00pm: Welcome, registration and drinks!
12.30pm: Presentations from Vodafone and Development Partners
2:00pm: Content and Dev Partner live showcases
3.00pm: Meet the experts
5.00pm: Q&A panel
5.30pm: Buffet dinner and beers provided
6.30pm: Evening Hackathon begins!
9.30pm: Judging session - winners and prizes announced
- Download the SDK and tools from www.JIL.org/vodafone
- Bring your laptop
- Bring your proof of concepts, mock-ups and apps ideas to share with us
Join us for the day, evening or both! Just ensure you book your places above.
For more information about widgets, please visit the Vodafone AppStar website.
The Vodafone Developers Day - North, is brought to you in partnership with:
Screen Yorkshire is the regional screen agency, responsible for inspiring, promoting and supporting a successful and sustainable film, television, games and interactive media sector in Yorkshire and Humber. www.screenyorkshire.co.uk
Make sure you hear about all our future news and events by signing up to our monthly e-bulletin here
When & Where
Screen Yorkshire & Vodafone
Screen Yorkshire's mission is to inspire, promote and support the development of a successful long-term film, broadcast, games and interactive media sector to grow the economic, social and cultural wealth of the region.
Screen Yorkshire is the regional screen agency - the gateway to the film, broadcast and digital media industries in the Yorkshire and Humber region. We are based in Leeds and are part of the Regional Screen Agency network which covers the whole of the UK. We are funded by the regional development agency Yorkshire Forward and the UK Film Council.