'Virginia Adopts: Campaign for 1,000' Kick-Off Event!
Friday, May 17, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Please Join Governor Bob McDonnell in celebration of Foster Care Month in Virginia for the launch of
The Campaign for 1,000
Friday, May 17th • 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Executive Mansion • 1000 Bank Street • Richmond, Virginia
Rain Location: Patrick Henry Building, West Reading Room
In recognition of Foster Care Month, Governor Bob McDonnell will announce a call to action to increase adoption in Virginia. The 'Virginia Adopts.' campaign will focus on raising awareness of the foster care and adoption process. The goal is to change 1,000 lives in 2013. Join us!
Registration Deadline: Thursday, May 16th
- Shuttle arrangements have been made for attendees.
- The shuttle will run along the historic John Smith Trail from Chimborazo Park located at 3215 East Broad Street and from Patrick Henry Park located at 25th and East Broad to the Capitol.
- Attendees may park in close proximity to either of these addresses to join the shuttle.
- Shuttle service begins at 11:00 and will be available until 3:00 PM.
- After the event, please take some time to learn more about Virginia history at the St. John's Episcopal Church, the site of the famous Patrick Henry speech, or the Chimborazo Battlefield Park.
- Box lunches will be catered by Homemades by Suzanne.
Adoption Hotline: 800-DO-ADOPT
When & Where
Office of Governor Bob McDonnell
The 'Virginia Adopts: Campaign for 1,000' kick-off event on Friday, May 17th location has changed.
NEW Location: Capitol Square, The Executive Mansion Front Gate.
Note: No bags allowed at the event.
Also, please take a moment to watch this video message from Governor McDonnell launching our “Campaign for 1,000” and make sure to share it with your family and friends.
We look forward to seeing you on May 17th!
The Virginia Adopts Team