Start: Thursday, August 15th
Depart: Sunday, August 18th
*Limited to 10 guests
From the coolest parts of the Russian River, to the elevations of Sonoma Mountain, to the countryside setting of Dry Creek - we will explore the extremes of Sonoma County.
Sonoma is making some of the greatest wines of California and we will have a chance to taste an amazing line up of brands - meet with the families, executives and/or winemakers and travel in style.
- 3 days of host services of Ian Blackburn, Founder, LearnAboutWIne and Founder of Beekeeper Cellars - We will pack your trip with amazing experiences!
- Includes all meals except Friday's dinner - (if you stay at the Honor Mansion - your breakfast is included) (Lunches and Dinners may have additional Beverage Cost)
- All tastings and appointments included
- Transport to and from appointments, tastings and meals (To and from Honor Mansion only)
- Ticket to Project ZIN (a $200 value) - an elite tasting experience at Charlie Palmers Dry Creek Kitchen on Saturday evening - raising money and awareness for Children with Down Syndrome. This is a major charity gathering that has sold out every year and is a must attend if you have not been.
Cost summary: Meals valued at $400+ pp, Transport $200 pp, Tastings $200 pp, Zin ticket $200, Ian's Time and effort (priceless :) - a $1000+ value.
Hotel Accommodation - After registration for this trip, we ask that you book and confirm your room (select a suite, vineyard suite or Mansion room at http://www.honormansion.com/, rooms range from $350.00 - $500.00 depending on your type.) You may stay at another hotel, vacation home or guest house, of your liking - just join us at 10:30 am each day at Honor Mansion Meeting Point (You will need to provide your own transportation to and from your location to the Meeting Point.)
- Airfare - we recommend you fly into SANTA ROSA AIRPORT on Wednesday any time or latest Thursday Morning. Its minutes away... were as San Francisco (SFO - unpredictable fog delays may occur) or Oakland are two hours away - but very doable.
Alaska Airlines flys non-stop LAX to STS (Santa Rosa - Sonoma California) - depending on purchase date - fare can be as low as $220.00 round trip.
www.alaskaairlines.com for tickets
Restrictions and Disclosures:
- We can not adjust the trip in any way. No one event (except for the Zin event on Saturday) has a declared dollar value.
- Once reserved and ticketed, we can not cancel, credit or refund - this event has large expenses that are spread amongst the small and limited group.
- Must be highly mobil for this trip, many physical limitations can NOT be accommodated as we will be in vineyards, cellars, and places where the general public do not get to frequent. A participation agreement will be sent to you prior to you purchasing airfare that must be signed and received before proceeding.
- Honest and humble disclosure: The wineries are very generious with LearnAboutWine and are going out of their way to create once in a lifetime experiences for us. However, they do so anticipating that we are bringing potential customers - if you do not intend to buy wine - this trip may not be for you. The wineries do not benefit by receiving us - they only benefit from the wine sale. There is no minimum purchase, but the participating wineries will not be happy with LearnAboutWine if my clients do not purchase wine. We do not mean to offend, but in the spirit of good business - I want to disclose this to our clients.
Thursday, August 15th - Russian River Area - Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Syrah:
Wineries to visit:
- 11am depart Hotel for Littorai Winery
- 11:30am - Littorai
- Lunch at Bowery (additional)
- 2:30 Kosta Browne
- Another winery potentially here - depending on audience.
- We go back to our luxury accommodations to rest and enjoy.
- Dinner will be at one of Sonoma's popular restaurants (additional & optional)
Friday, August 16th - Sonoma Mountain - Mountain Cabernet:
- Breakfast (included)*
- 11am - we depart our luxury accommodation and head to Sonoma Mountain.
- A lovely drive to one of the most spectacular Cabernet Destinations in Sonoma.
- 12:30pm We arrive at our first winery and are greeted with a VIP lunch (included), tour and tasting.
- 3pm We depart for a second winery visit on the other side of the mountain.
- Scheduled to visit: Sonoma Mountain
- Laurel Glen Winery
- Benziger Family "Biodynamic Estate Experience"
- 7:30pm - Dinner at SCOPA (additional)
Saturday, August 17th - Dry Creek and Rockpile: AKA Zinfandel Country:
ROCKPILE VINEYARD LUNCH, TOUR & TASTING WITH CLAY & CARRIE MAURITSON
Saturday, August 17 | 11am-2pm *
Rockpile Ridge Vineyard
Package guests will enjoy an exclusive afternoon with Clay & Carrie Mauritson. Guests will start their afternoon at the Mauritson tasting room in the heart of Dry Creek Valley. After a tour of the production facility and a glass of Sauvignon Blanc, guests will wind their way from the winery to the top of the historic Rockpile Ridge Vineyard. Enjoy the breathtaking views from the heart of the vineyard while sipping a glass of Rosé with Clay & Carrie. The afternoon will feature lunch prepared by Chef Darren Nesbit of the famed Palace Café in New Orleans. Lunch will be served alongside a vertical of Rockpile Zinfandels. Your afternoon will conclude with a stop at Mauritson Winery where guests can enjoy coffee and a tour of the production facility. This is a truly fantastic experience to spend an afternoon filled with spectacular wine, delicious food and great company.
- 5:55pm we depart for Dry Creek Kitchen and Project ZIN (a $200 ticket - included in this trip).
Click to learn more about Project Zin
Please purchase your ticket for this trip and your hotel accommodation. If hotel is sold out, you can stay at another nearby property - click here and we can help you. Ian@learnaboutwine.com Please wait for all confirmations and signed agreement for travel before purchasing airfare.