Vermont Intergenerational Walk and Roll to School Day 2014
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 from 6:30 AM to 4:00 PM (EDT)
Please join us on May 7, 2014 for the third annual Vermont Intergenerational Walk and Roll to School Day. The Vermont Safe Routes to School Resource Center is partnering with the Vermont Association for Health, Physical Education, Recreation, and Dance (VTAHPERD) and AARP to encourage walkers of all ages.
The Vermont Intergenerational Walk and Roll to School Day will provide the opportunity to bring the community together and walk and roll to school. Use this event to get started as a Safe Routes to School Resource Center Partner, move towards the next partnership level, or kick-off a spring season of walking and rolling!
Vermont Intergenerational Walk and Roll to School Day can help initiate conversations with your community about how walking and biking can:
- Enhance your health by increasing the amount of physical activity
- Improve air quality by reducing automobile emissions in your school zone
- Make the streets safer by relieving traffic congestion
- Help students arrive to school alert and ready to learn
- Foster community connection among neighbors
- Promote independence in youth
Remember, Walk and Roll to School Events come in many shapes and sizes. Your school may plan an event in which students:
- Walk/Roll TO school
- Walk/Roll TO school from a meeting location (such as a grocery store, park or church parking lot)
- Walk/Roll AT school
- Walk/Roll FROM school
Interested in hooking up with your local Senior Center for the event? AARP has provided this contact list of VT's Senior Centers.
When & Where
VT SRTS, VTAHPERD, AARP