Vend at the 36th annual Cairo Caravan!
Over 3,600 belly dance enthusiasts are expected this year at our festival held on the Queen Mary, an historic ship now permanantly moored at the dock!
Book your room now on the Queen Mary for only $114/night for a standard room and only $134/night for the larger family sized rooms! www.queenmary.com
Here's how vending works:
1. Deadline for Vendor Registration is May 27, 2013!
2. Deadline for Advertisement payment is April 22, 1013!
3. All rates are for three days' vending at Cairo Caravan. Rates include MECDA membership.
4. Booths come with 1 table and two chairs. If you would like to rent extra tables, they are available for $20 per 1-table-and-2-chair set. Select the option when registering.
5. Booths come with 2 wristbands. 1 add'l wristband per booth may be purchased for vendor helpers.
6. Electrical service may be added to your registration for $25. Select the option when registering.
7. The $100/booth deposit is mandatory. You may pay this via Paypal (select the option when registering) or you may mail a paper check **payable to MECDA** to: MECDA Treasurer, c/o Tim Struck, 1951 Ophir Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89106.
**Your reservation will NOT be complete without the deposit.**
8. Your deposit will be returned to you if all conditions listed below are met and approved. You MUST check out with the vendor coordinator before leaving the premises in order to reclaim your deposit.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. BY PURCHASING YOUR SPACE, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS LISTED BELOW.
1. There are no refunds of Vendor Fees. If Vendor must cancel, fees may be forwarded to a future Cairo Caravan.
2. Wristbands must be worn at all times while at MECDA’s Cairo Caravan. If you lose your wristband you will be required to purchase a new one at the admissions table for the full admission price.
3. Vendors will be allowed to set up during these times: Friday, 10am to 3pm. Vendors must have all merchandise and cars removed from unloading area no later than 3pm on Friday. The loading ramp is for brief loading/unloading only, please. Move vehicles after unloading. Items cannot be taken to the individual’s booth until vehicle is moved.
Absolutely NO parking in the vendor unloading area.
4. Set up time is on Friday, ONLY, but you will have 5 hours to set up. Please work quickly and efficiently to be ready on time. We suggest you bring a helper to set up and work your booth. There are a lot of attendees.
5. Vendors who have not checked in by noon Friday, May 31st, may forfeit their space and all money collected.
6. Vendors must have all merchandise and cars removed from the site no later than 9:00pm Sunday. No exceptions. Failure to comply will result in the loss of the cleaning deposit and a $20 fee for every 15 minutes thereafter.
7. Vendors are responsible for cleaning and disposing of all trash and debris from their vending area. (Trash receptacles will be provided.) Failure to do so will result in loss of cleaning deposit.
8. MECDA reserves the right to reassign spaces after 2pm on Friday, May 31st.
9. Vendors are responsible for all loading and unloading of their merchandise. Last year we had record numbers and hope to double those numbers in 2013.
10. We are encouraging our vendors to help create a marketplace atmosphere. Please feel free to decorate your space. We suggest that you bring lighting for your booth, as there is little outside light, only overhead lighting, if vending inside.
11. Nothing may be taped, stapled, tacked or secured to the walls and floors of the facility. Vendors will be billed for any damages to the facility or property.
12. MECDA’s Cairo Caravan will close at 9pm Friday, 7pm Saturday and 6pm Sunday. Vendors are expected to operate their booths during ALL open hours of the festival. Vendors may not tear down their booths until 6pm on Sunday. Doing so will forfeit the cleaning deposit.
13. No merchandise will be permitted outside the vendor’s area. Aisles must be kept clear to avoid injury to any patrons. All exits must remain clear at all times.
14. MECDA and/or the Queen Mary, or any of their affiliates, employees, or volunteers will not be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items.
15. Strong language, abusive behavior and threats will not be tolerated. Offenders will be required to leave immediately and forfeit all fees collected.
16. No food or beverages shall be sold by non-food vendors. Soft items must be on racks or in containers.
17. No electrical cords or equipment will be provided by MECDA.
18. All vendors shall comply with the regulations imposed by the building management, city and state officials and the Fire Marshall’s instructions.
19. Confirmation will be provided to each vendor within one week of receipt of payment via email or USPS to those who do not have email. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for confirmation by USPS.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email for quickest response to:firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitting an application with payment does not guarantee a vending spot.
The person signing this agreement must be present throughout MECDA’s Cairo Caravan weekend and is responsible for any and all activities in the assigned space, including the actions of helpers and others in their space. Vendors, by your signature below, you agree not to sublease your space to another vendor and that you have read and understood and will comply with all the rules and regulations as stated above. Failure to comply will result in the loss of all fees and monies submitted to MECDA.
Offenders may be removed from the premises at MECDA’s discretion. MECDA reserves the right to cancel or deny vending space to anyone and to make changes at MECDA’s discretion. The full fee for vendor’s space shall be paid at the same time by the contracting vendor.
The client agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Save the Queen, LLC dba The Queen Mary and the City of Long Beach, and their respective employees and agents against all claims, losses, or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines, costs, including reasonable Attorney’s fees, arising out of or connected with your function including the installation removal, maintenance, occupancy and use to THE QUEEN MARY), except those claims arising out of the sole negligence to the Hotel.
Contract Subject To Change Without Notice